In preparation for the holidays, we’ve rounded up over 55 of the best homemade cookie recipes for you. You’ll find everything from our favorite chocolate chip cookies to decorated Christmas cookies to no-bake cookies and everything in between!
Our Favorite Homemade Cookie Recipes For Every Occasion
Whether you want something new to try for a cookie exchange or you’re searching for a different chocolate chip cookie recipe, we’ve got you covered. This list of our 40 favorite cookie recipes has a little something for every taste and occasion.
These are all simple, tried and true recipes that your family, friends, and neighbors will love. The most difficult part is choosing which recipe to bake first!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes
- #1 These Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies are perfect for when you want to stick with the classics.
- #2 This recipe for the famous DoubleTree Chocolate Chip Cookies is packed full of walnuts, chocolate chips and a few secret ingredients.
- #3 Crushed Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies are a fun version of chocolate chip cookies to bring to birthday parties, school events or just holiday cookie exchanges.
- #4 For the white chocolate lovers out there, gives these White Chocolate and Coconut Cookies a try.
- #5 Our Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies are ultra chewy, thanks to coconut and oatmeal.
- #6 If you've never tried baking with Einkorn flour, this Einkorn Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe is a great one to start with.
- #7 Cowboy Cookies are a cross between an oatmeal cookie and a chocolate Chip Cookie. You can add coconut, M & M's and nuts.
- #8 These Heath Toffee Cookies are loaded with Chocolate Chips and Heath Candy. They're a crunch and chewy, buttery cookie recipe.
Christmas Cookie Recipes
- #9 These Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies are a Christmas classic.
- #10 Our fudgey, chocolatey Andes Mint Cookies are perfectly thick and chewy.
- #11 Speaking of classic cookie recipes, these cinnamon Snickerdoodle Cookies are simply the best!
- #12 For a slightly healthier cookie, try this recipe for Einkorn Snickerdoodles.
- #13 Cranberry Orange Cookies are the perfect blend of holiday flavors.
- #14 These Eggnog Cookies with Eggnog Buttercream Frosting are our definition of a perfect Christmas Cookie.
- #15 White Chocolate Dipped Ornament Oreos are fun, festive and so cute.
- #16 Dipped in melted Andes Candies, our Mint Chocolate Dipped Oreos are delicious and pretty to look at.
- #17 These Soft Molasses Cookies are chewy, yummy and great with or without frosting.
- #18 Soft Gingersnap Cookies are rolled in sugar and oh-so-Christmasy! They're even better dipped in white chocolate.
- #19 And, if you still want more ginger and molasses cookie recipes, give our Gingerbread Cookie Bars a try.
- #20 Candy Cane Chocolate Chip Cookies are a fun twist on the classic. They have white chocolate chips and chunks of yummy peppermint candy.
Peanut Butter Cookie Recipes
- #21 Mmm, Peanut Butter Cookies.
- #22 It's hard to go wrong with these Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cookies.
- #23 Or how about these ultra peanut buttery Reese’s Pieces Cookies?
- #24 Peanut Butter S’mores Cups combine peanut butter cups with toasted marshmallows and melted chocolate.
- #25 These Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies are part brownie, part peanut butter cookie and all delicious.
- #26 Peanut Butter Bars are a no bake, bar cookie and loaded with all the peanut butter and chocoalte flavors you love.
- #27 Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies are a classic peanut butter chocolate combo. You're gonna love the kiss in the middle!
Cookie Bar Recipes
- #28 Lemon Sugar Cookie Bars are an easy cookie bar with an intense lemon flavor.
- #29 For the taste of s'mores without the mess, try our S’mores Cookie Bars.
- #30 Coconut Cookie Bars are loaded with coconut and oats.
- #31 For something a little different, try our Sugar Cookie Bars with Blood Orange Cream Cheese Frosting
- #32 These Coconut Lime Sugar Cookie Bars are a little bit tropical and a whole lot of yum.
- #33 If you're looking for an automatic crowd pleaser, try these Caramel Peanut Butter Cookie Bars.
- #34 This recipe for Raspberry Cookie Bars is sweet, tart and super simple.
- #35 Coconut Caramel Magic Bars are soft and chewy and LOADED!
No-Bake Cookie Recipes
When you don't feel like turning on the oven, but still want a cookie, these one-bowl cookie recipes are a quick, easy and delicious option. They're sweet, salty, chewy, crunchy and are easily towards the top of our family's list of absolute favorite cookies.
- #36 Classic No Bake Cookie Recipe
- #37 Peanut Butter Chocolate No Bake Cookies
- #38 No-Bake Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies
- #39 Nutella No-Bake Cookies
- #40 Coconut Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies
- #41 Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies
- #42 No-Bake Peanut Butter S’mores Cookie Bars
Best Rice Krispy Treat Cookies
- #43 Scotcharoos are soft and chewy and filled with butterscotch flavors and marshmallows. Who doesn't love these!?!
- #44 Fruity Pebbles Rice Crispies are a fun twist on the classic. They're filled with bright and colorful fruity pebbles and have the classic marshmallows everyone loves.
- #45 Cocoa Rice Krispy Treats are a chocolate lovers dream. They're filled to the brim with marshmallows and chocolate.
- #46 If you're wanting a quick springtime treat, try our Bird Nest Rice Crispies. They're absolutley adorable!
- #47 Red White and Blue Rice Krispy Treats are perfect for the 4th of July or Memorial Day.
- #48 Lemon Meltaway Cookies
- #49 Glazed Lemon Cookies
Fun and Unique Cookies For Every Occasion
- #50 If you love the combo of orange and vanilla, then these Orange Dreamsicle Cookies are just for you.
- #51 These buttery, burnt caramel flavored Heath Toffee Cookies make a great alternative to chocolate chip cookies.
- #52 This recipe for Cake Mix Cookies has to be one of our most simple and most popular cookie recipes.
- #53 If you love candy mix-ins, you have to try The Best M&M Cookies recipe.
- #54 Around Easter we love to make these festive Cadbury Cookie Bars.
- #55 Last but certainly not least are these cut, fun and tasty oatmeal Monster Cookies!
- #56 Oatmeal Butterscotch Chip Cookies are crunch on the outside, chewy on the inside and packed with delightful butterscotch chips.
- #57 Oreo and M&M Cookies can be customized for any holiday. They're always a hit with the fun M&M and Oreo combo.
- #58 These 4th of July Cookies are perfect for your potluck or backyard BBQ!
- #59 Cadbury Cookies are perfect for Easter Dessert! They're made with cadbury eggs and are everyone favorite cookies!
- More Cookie Recipes
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
In preparation for the holidays, we’ve rounded up our 40 best homemade cookie recipes as a gift to you. You’ll find everything from our favorite chocolate chip cookies to decorated Christmas cookies to no-bake cookies and everything in between!