These quick and easy No Bake Peanut Butter Coconut Cookies are loaded with shredded coconut and gooey peanut butter. They're always a crowd-pleaser and simple enough for kids to make.
No Bake Peanut Butter Coconut Cookies
These No Bake Coconut Peanut Butter Cookies are the first cookies I made growing up. It was a Sunday tradition to bake and I'm happy to say, many years later, I'm still baking almost every Sunday.
If you're in the mood for coconut no bake cookies without chocolate, these will hit the spot. It is also a great recipe for kids to start experimenting in the kitchen. They only take a few minutes to throw together and you don't have to stand by the oven while batch after batch of cookies bake.
Coconut Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies Ingredients
- Butter - this can be salted or unsalted butter. It's up to you!
- Milk - I prefer whole milk, but 2% will work.
- Sugar - you will need granulated sugar for this recipe.
- Peanut Butter - you can use creamy or chunky. Just be sure not to use a more natural peanut butter that separates.
- Marshmallows - I like to use mini marshmallows because they will melt quicker, but if you only have the regular large ones you can chop them into smaller pieces.
- Salt - sea salt works great.
- Oats - be sure to use old fashioned rolled oats. If you try to use instant oats or steel cut oats, the texture of the finished cookies will not be right.
- Shredded Coconut - I like to use sweetened, but you can substitute unsweetened if you prefer.
- Coconut Extract - this really boosts the coconut flavor.
How to Make No Bake Peanut Butter Coconut Cookies
- Boil the butter, milk, and sugar. In a non-stick pan, melt the butter. Add the milk and sugar and bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute.
- Add the peanut butter and marshmallows. Stir in the peanut butter and the mini marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients. Take the mixture off the heat and add a pinch of salt, rolled oats, coconut, and coconut extract. Stir until combined.
- Portion the cookies and cool. Drop by the spoonful onto a baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper and let them cool. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
We recommend sticking to old-fashioned rolled oats for these cookies. The main difference between old-fashioned rolled oats and quick oats is how thinly they have been rolled, which affects the texture and how much liquid they can absorb.
If you only have quick oats in your pantry, don't despair - just add about ½ cup more for this recipe.
After the cookies have been set on parchment paper, it takes about 30 minutes to harden. You can speed this process up by placing them in the fridge or a cool place (a cold garage works great too).
Storing No Bake Cookies
- Make-ahead- You can make these a day before you need them, but they are best when made when needed. They only take about 10 minutes to make, so they're perfect for last-minute guests or when you need a little something for your sweet tooth.
- Storing- These no bake cookies are best stored in a dry, cool place with air circulation. If they are stored in a covered container, they may become a little gooey.
- Freezing- You can freeze no-bake cookies! For best results, place the cookies on a cookie sheet without touching, and chill for about two hours. Once frozen, transfer cookies to a sealed container or Ziploc bag. When you're ready to enjoy them, take them out of the freezer and place on a plate without touching to thaw.
No Bake Peanut Butter Coconut Cookies Recipe
- ¼ cup Butter
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 cup Sugar
- ½ cup Peanut Butter (creamy or chunky, your preference)
- ¾ cup Miniature Marshmallows
- pinch Salt
- 1½ cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Shredded Coconut sweetened
- ½ teaspoon Coconut Extract
- Grease a large baking sheet with butter. Set aside.
- In a non-stick pan, melt the butter. Add the milk and sugar and bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute.
- Stir in the peanut butter and the mini marshmallows and stir until melted. Take the mixture off the heat and add a pinch of salt, rolled oats, coconut, and coconut extract. Stir until combined.
- Drop by the spoonful onto the parchment or wax paper and let them cool. Enjoy!
More Of The Best No Bake Cookies
- No Bake Peanut Butter No Bakes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Smores Bars
- Nutella Cornflake Cookie
- Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies
- Reeses Peanut Butter Cereal Bars
- Peanut Butter Balls
- Triple Chocolate Power Balls
- No-Bake Rice Crispy Bird Nests
- More No Bake Cookie Recipes
More Coconut Dessert Recipes
- Coconut Lime Sugar Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies
- Coconut Cookie Bars
- Coconut Caramel Popcorn
- Peanut Butter Coconut Power Balls
- Coconut Filled Bundt Cake
These Coconut Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies are quite possibly the best no-bake cookies. They're loaded with shredded coconut and have plenty of that irresistible peanut butter we all love. These no-bake cookies are quick, easy and delicious every time!