These chocolate dipped Oreos are covered in silky Andes Chocolate and are minty, chocolaty, and melt in your mouth
Chocolate Dipped Oreos
Decorate this cute little Oreo anyway you'd like. Use little M & M's to make a rainbow or melt some chocolate wafers, pipe it on and turn them into a holiday treat.
There are all kinds of fun varieties of Oreos to use such as, mint Oreos, double stuff, chocolate stuffed or regular chocolate Oreos. For this recipe, I used regular chocolate Oreos but any of the others would work great too.
How to Melt Chocolate in the Microwave:
- Microwave safe bowl
- Heat sage rubber spatula
- Microwave your chocolate on high for 30 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and stir. (It's important that you stir the chocolate. The pieces of chocolate will retain their shape until stirred so don't rely on the looks fo the chocolate.)
- Repeat melting the chocolate for 30 seconds and stirring again until the chocolate is almost melted. When there small chunks remaining. Don't microwave again.
- Keep stirring the chocolate until all the small pieces have melted too. The heat from the melted chocolate and from the bowl will melt the rest of it it.
What is the best chocolate to use for dipping Oreos?
- Andes Mints
- Chocolate chips
- Chocolate Bars
- Chocolate Wafers
There are several different types of chocolate for dipping Oreos. For this recipe, I used Andes Mint Chocolates.
Andes Mint: Most grocery stores stoke the Andes mints during the holiday season in the baking aisle by the other chocolate chips.
The Andes chocolate chip forms around the holidays but I wasn't able to find them this week. I used the boxes of Andes mints and it worked just as good. I used (2) 4.2-ounce packages of Andes mints.
How to Melt Andes Mints:
- Unwrapped the mints and put them in a microwave-safe bowl. You can melt them easily in the microwave.
- Melt for 1 minute at a time, stir, and then melt again. Melt until there the chunks are ½". When they are about ½" keep stirring and the rest will melt.
Be sure to heat the chocolate only enough to melt it. Don't want to heat the chocolate up too much or the chocolate can scorch.
The microwave method is the quickest method to use Andes Mints. As long as you don't get the chocolate too hot, the microwave works great.
Tips for Melting Chocolate:
- Melt small batches at a time
- Water is the enemy of Chocolate (be sure to pat dry any fruit you dip in chocolate or the chocolate will streak, or worse, it will seize and thicken)
- Don't heat too quickly, be sure to stir the chocolate.
- Heat only until there are small chunks of unmelted chocolate. Add more unmelted chocolate to cool the chocolate down and keep stirring until all the chocolate is melted.
Mint Chocolate Dipped Oreos Recipe
- 36 Oreo Cookies regular, chocolate, or mint
- 10 ounces Andes Mint Chocolates unwrapped
- Chocolate Melting Wafers
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Unwrap the Andes mints and place in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for about 30 seconds, then take the chocolate out and stir. Microwave again for 30 seconds., stirring afterwards. If needed, repeat the process until there are just a few unmelted pieces of Andes mints. Stir until completely melted.
- Immediately after melting, dip one Oreo in at a time into the chocolate. Use a fork to turn the oreo over and shake just a little to let any excess chocolate off the cookie.
- Place the dipped Oreo cookies onto the prepared baking sheet and continue until they are all finished. Allow them to cool for 30 minutes, or until the chocolate is set.
- Once dipped, decorate as desired with melted chocolate wafers, sprinkles, and tiny candies. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. Enjoy!
More Christmas Candy Ideas
- Ornament Oreos
- Nilla Wafer Caramels
- Pretzel Rods
- Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Chocolate Fondue
- Saltine Cracker Toffee
- English Toffee
More Holiday Recipes
- Gingerbread Men
- Rolled Sugar Cookie Dough
- Crushed Candy Cane Cookies
- Chocolate Meltaway Cookies
- Best Cookie Recipes
- More Dessert Recipes
The Carefree Kitchen Socials:
I’d love to connect with you on social media. Come find me!
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/the_carefree_kitchen/