These Nutella No Bake Cookies are completely irresistible and so easy to make. Made with Nutella, old-fashioned oats, and mini marshmallows, this is a perfectly simple no bake cookie recipe that everyone in your family will love. Best of all, they come together in just minutes without ever even turning on the oven.
The Best No Bake Cookies With Nutella
If Nutella is a favorite flavor of yours, these Nutella No Bake Cookies are going to be a hit. They are chewy, sweet and our secret ingredient, marshmallows, help make these a no-fail no bake recipe. It keeps them chewy and helps the no bake cookies set up quickly when cooling.
They have the perfect balance of sweet, nutty, buttery and salty and can be whipped together in under 30 minutes. You really can’t go wrong with this childhood favorite. Ready for the best no bake cookies? Let's get started!
Nutella No-Bake Cookies Video Tutorial
Ingredients in Nutella No Bake Cookies
- Butter - we use unsalted.
- Milk - any percentage you have on hand will work.
- Sugar - once boiled, the sugar is what really holds these no-bake cookies together.
- Nutella - any type of hazelnut spread will do, or substitute peanut butter if you like
- Cocoa Powder- Gives them an extra chocolate boost.
- Mini Marshmallows - mini marshmallows are easiest to melt, but you can substitute 8 regular-sized marshmallows for 1 cup of mini marshmallows in this recipe.
- Vanilla Extract - pure or imitation will work just fine.
- Oats - we recommend old-fashioned rolled oats, but if you only have quick oats just add ½ cup more for this recipe.
How to Make Nutella No-Bake Cookies
- Grease (or line with waxed paper) a large baking sheet, and set aside.
- In a non-stick pan over medium heat, add the butter, milk and sugar. Stir until combined. Bring to a boil, and boil for about 1 minute, stirring constantly. If you want, use a candy thermometer to make sure it reaches 235 degrees F.
- Turn off heat, and add the Nutella and marshmallows to the pan. Stir constantly until completely melted. (If necessary, you can turn the heat back on low to be sure everything is melted.)
- Take the mixture off the heat and add the salt and the rolled oats. Stir until combined.
- Drop by the spoonful onto your greased cookie sheet, and let them cool at room temp. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
We recommend sticking to old-fashioned rolled oats for these Nutella oatmeal cookies. The main difference between old-fashioned rolled oats and quick oats is how thinly they have been rolled, which affects the texture and how much liquid they can absorb.
If you only have quick oats in your pantry, don't despair - just add about ½ cup more for this recipe.
Why Do My No-Bake Cookies Turn Out Gooey?
Not boiling the milk and sugar long enough will cause your cookies to have a gooier consistency. If that’s your thing, then great!
However, get out your timer if you don’t want them to be so gooey. We recommend boiling the butter, milk and sugar mixture for about 1 minute so that the sugar has a chance to reach “soft ball stage,” which is about 235 degrees F. At this temperature, the sugar becomes thicker and will harden slightly once cooled, helping to keep your no-bake cookies perfectly chewy.
Feel free to use a candy thermometer if you have a candy thermometer, but it’s not crucial for this recipe.
After the cookies have been set on parchment paper, it takes about 30 minutes to harden. You can speed this process up by placing them in the fridge or a cool place (a cold garage works great too).
The best thing to do is to place them in a cool place. If your cookies are still gooey after they have cooled, you can place them in the freezer and eat them slightly frozen--or just by the spoonful too.
Store cookies in an airtight container at room-temp for about a week, in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Variations for No Bake Nutella Recipes
- Substitute Peanut butter for the Nutella
- Feel free to add a handful of coconut when adding the rolled oats.
- You can substitute any kind of hazelnut spread for the Nutella.
- You can substitute coconut extract for the vanilla extract. Just reduce the amount by half because it's so strong.
- You can leave the cocoa powder out for a less chocolatey flavor.
Storing No Bake Cookies
- Make-ahead- You can make these a day before you need them, but they are best when made when needed. They only take about 10 minutes to make, so they're perfect for last-minute guests or when you need a little something for your sweet tooth.
- Storing- These no-bake cookies are best stored in a dry, cool place with air circulation. If they are stored in a covered container, they may become a little gooey.
- Freezing- You can freeze no-bake cookies! For best results, place the cookies on a cookie sheet without touching, and chill for about two hours. Once frozen, transfer cookies to a sealed container or Ziploc bag. When you're ready to enjoy them, take them out of the freezer and place on a plate without touching to thaw.
Nutella No Bake Cookies
- ¼ cup Butter
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Cocoa Powder
- ½ cup Nutella any hazelnut spread will work
- 1 cup Mini Marshmallows
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 cups Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats if using quick oats, add an extra ½ cup
- Grease (or line with parchment or waxed paper) a couple large baking sheets, and set aside.
- In a non-stick pan over medium heat, add the butter, milk, cocoa powder, and sugar. Bring to a rolling boil, and boil for about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, and add the Nutella and marshmallows to the pan. Stir until completely melted. (If necessary, you can turn the heat back on low to be sure everything is melted.)
- Take the mixture off the heat and add the vanilla, salt and rolled oats. Stir until combined.
- Drop by the spoonful onto your greased cookie sheet, and let them cool. Enjoy!
More no-bake recipes that we love
- Nutella Cornflake Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies
- Peanut Butter No Bakes
- Chocolate No Bakes
- Coconut No Bakes
- No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake
- Easy No-Bake Cheesecake
- No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- Mini Cheesecake
- Cherry Cheesecake Dip
- Chocolate Cheesecake Dip
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Dip
- Buckeye Dip
- More No Bake Dessert Recipes
- More Dessert Recipes
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you. It helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
These Nutella No-Bake Cookies are completely irresistible and so easy to make. It's a twist on the classic no-bake cookie. They're made with Nutella, old-fashioned oats and mini marshmallows, this is a perfectly simple no-bake cookie recipe that everyone in your family will love. Best of all, they come together in just a few minutes, without ever even turning on the oven.