These Cadbury Cookie Bars are a modified monster cookie recipe, in cookie bar form!Â They have all the flavors and textures you love in monster cookies, oatmeal, buttery cookie dough and chocolate chips, and it’s topped with crushed Cadbury eggs! Oh yeah!
This cookie bar recipe is even easier than a normal chocolate chip cookie recipe.Â Just mix them up, dump in a baking dish and bake!
Tips for Making Cadbury Cookie Bars:
- Use a meat tenderizer (the smooth side) or a hammer to crush the Cadbury eggs. Crush them only enough to crack and barley break them.Â It should look like hatched eggs!
- Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy–when adding the rest of the ingredients, mix just until mixed. It will give you a more dense cookie.
- Let the cookies cool for 10 minutes before cutting and they won’t tear.
- Robin eggs work great with this recipe too! So many delicious egg shaped chocolates to choose from! Live your best life and try a few different varieties!
This is a modified monster cookie recipe. It has all the flavors you love with chewy oatmeal and buttery chocolate chip cookie dough, topped with crushed Cadbury eggs! Oh yeah!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups flour (all purpose)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups oats (regular, rolled oats)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 large bag Cadbury eggs
Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
Cream together butter, sugars, and vanilla. Mix until smooth and fluffy. Add eggs and mix again.
Mix together flour, baking soda, salt. Add these dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix again. add oatmeal and chocolate chips and mix again.
Pat cookie dough into the bottom of a 9 by 13 baking dish.
In a ziplock bag, use a hammer or a meat tenderizer to crush the Cadbury eggs. (You'll want them to be in large chunks so it looks like hatched eggs)
Sprinkle the Cadbury eggs on top of the cookie dough and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.