These adorable little Rice Krispie Bird Nests are an easy and delicious springtime and Easter Rice Krispie Treats. They are easy to make and fun to eat!
Rice Krispies Easter Nests
I still love brachs jelly beans but my taste buds have grown up a bit and now I love to use Cadbury Mini Eggs. Whatever kind of egg shaped candy you choose, your family is going to love making and eating these fun little easter treats!
How to Make Rice Krispies Bird Nest
Rice Krispies Recipes
If you love rice crispy treats, here are a couple more recipes you'll want to try.
- Fruity Pebble Rice Crispy Treats
- Patriotic Rice Crispy Treats
- Chocolate Rice Kripsy Treats
This is a classic Rice Crispy Treat Recipe, made with rice crispies, butter, and marshmallows and is amazing every time! So delicious!!
How to Make Rice Krispie Easter Nests
- Be sure to grease your cupcake pan
- I like to add a teaspoon of vanilla to the rice crispy recipe, it adds some depth to this very sweet treat.
- Just a few drops of food coloring will do
- Shake the coconut and the food coloring in a ziplock bag, it works so good!
- Use whatever kind of egg-shaped candy your little ones prefer. After all, Easter is the best candy holiday of the year!
Rice Krispie Nests for Easter
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 10oz Mashmallows
- 6 Cups Rice Crispies
Coconut for the Bird Nests
- 3 Drops Green Food Coloring
- 1 Cup Coconut
Jelly Beans, Cadbury Eggs or your favorite egg shaped candy!
- Melt the butter in a large pan, add the marshmallows and mix till melted. Add the rice crispies and stir until incorporated.
- Spray cupcake pan with nonstick spray, I like to use coconut oil spray.
- get your hands wet or spray your hands with non-stick spray so the rice crispies don't stick. Take a ball of rice crisoies and fom a nest in the cupcake pan. ( you will want it to come up above the lip of the cupcake pan to make it look more like a nest.
- Put the coconut into a ziplock plastic bag. Add 3 drops of green food coloring. Seal bag and shake until all the coconut is green and looks like "grass."
- Add about 1 tablespoon of coconut to your bird nests and add your favorite kind of egg shaped candy on top. What a fun little treat! Enjoy!
More Easy Dessert Recipes
- Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza
- Caramel Popcorn
- Peanut Butter Chocolate No Bake Cookies
- Poppyseed Bundt Cake
- Cowboy Cookies
- More No Bake Desserts
- More Best Cookie Recipes
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
These adorable little Rice Krispies Easter Nests are an easy and delicious springtime and Easter treat! They are easy to make and fun to eat!