These adorable little rice crispy bird nests are an easy and delicious spring time and Easter treat! They are easy to make and fun to eat!
An easy Easter dessert for kids!
I grew up making these fun little rice crispy treats.Â I made them every year with my Mom and siblings. We used to use brachs jelly beans on them. I still love brachs jelly beans but my taste buds have grown up a bit and now I love to use Cadbury Mini Eggs.Â Whatever kind of egg shaped candy you choose, your family is going to love making and eating these fun little easter treats!
I use the rice crispy recipe from the official rice crispy treat website.Â There are other rice crispy recipes you could use but the classic is amazing every time! So delicious!!
Tips for Making Rice Crispy Bird Nests:
- Be sure to grease your cupcake pan
- I like to add a teaspoon of vanilla to the rice crispy recipe, it adds some depth to this very sweet treat.
- Just a few drops of food coloring will do
- shake the coconut and the food coloring in a ziplock bag, it works so good!
- Use whatever kind of egg shaped candy your little ones prefer.Â After all, Easter is the best candy holiday of the year!
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 10oz Mashmallows
- 6 Cups Rice Crispies
- 3 Drops Green Food Coloring
- 1 Cup Coconut
Melt the butter in a large pan, add the marshmallows and mix till melted. Add the rice crispies and stir until incorporated.
Spray cupcake pan with nonstick spray, I like to use coconut oil spray.
get your hands wet or spray your hands with non-stick spray so the rice crispies don't stick. Take a ball of rice crisoies and fom a nest in the cupcake pan. ( you will want it to come up above the lip of the cupcake pan to make it look more like a nest.
Put the coconut into a ziplock plastic bag. Add 3 drops of green food coloring. Seal bag and shake until all the coconut is green and looks like "grass."
Add about 1 tablespoon of coconut to your bird nests and add your favorite kind of egg shaped candy on top. What a fun little treat! Enjoy!