These Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies are the ultimate chocolate chip cookies. They’re buttery and soft even better than your favorite bakery chocolate chip cookie. This is a step by step guide on how to make the best chewy chocolate chip cookies.
What makes the best chocolate chip cookie recipe? Well, I guess you’ll get a little different response from each baker but for me, there are several things I look for a recipe for basic chocolate chip cookies.
How to make the best ever chocolate chip cookies:
If you’re wanting to make a chocolate chip cookie recipe from scratch. Here’s a list of ingredients and a few helpful things to know. When I’m looking for a recipe on how to make chocolate chip cookies, the first thing I do it look at the ingredients. To get the best chocolate chip cookies, you need to start with whole ingredients.
Butter: The real stuff, Margarine, and Butter flavored Crisco just won’t do. I almost exclusively buy salted butter. It just seems too difficult to manage to buy salted butter for toast and unsalted for baking so you’ll find most of my recipes are made or can be made with salted butter. Also, be sure to use room temperature butter when baking. Don’t microwave the butter or it’ll change the consistency of the cookie dough and your cookies will be flatter after baking. Buttery chocolate chip cookies is where it’s at!
Sugar: Just the regular ‘ol granulated white sugar works great. You can use coconut sugar or some other substitution in a healthier version of a chocolate chip cookie for this recipe, just the regular white granulated sugar will do.
Brown sugar: You can use dark brown sugar if that’s all you have on hand, It makes the color a little deeper and the taste a little richer but light brown sugar is what you’re looking for here too.
Eggs: Large eggs work great. When baking, it’s almost always better to use eggs are room temperature. Why should eggs be room temperature warm when baking? Cold eggs could re-harden the fat, making the batter appear curdled or lumpy and it could possibly affect the texture of the baked product.
Vanilla Flavoring: Using the real deal vanilla extract will give your cookies a lot of depth in flavor.
Flour: You can use regular all-purpose flour for this recipe.
Sea Salt: I like using the Himalayan sea salt in my recipes. It has more minerals in it than iodized salt. It’s also delicious to give the ball of cookie dough just a little sprinkle of salt before baking. Delicious!
Baking Soda & Baking Powder: Regular baking soda and regular baking powder work great for this recipe too.
Chocolate Chips: Use a high-quality Chocolate chip in your cookies. I love the Guiradelli Chocolate chip or the Guittard Chocolate chips. Both of those brands are wonderful in this easy chocolate chip cookies recipe
What makes the best chocolate chip cookie recipe:
What I’m looking for in a soft chocolate chip cookies is a cookie with a crispy outer and soft inner cookie. It’s always a good sign when you get just a little golden color on the top of the cookie. This recipe is all about the chewy and soft chocolate chip cookie recipe and not a cakey cookie.
This homemade chocolate chip cookies recipe also has a deep sugar and vanilla smell. If you smell a cookie and it doesn’t smell like anything, it’s probably made with something other than butter, and that just won’t do! haha
The chocolate chips also need to be throughout the cookie. I like to save a few chocolate chips and put them on top of the dough before baking too.
Look for these traits in your hunt to find the best chocolate chip cookies. You know, take the time to hone your skills, it’s called self-improvement! How to make the best homemade chocolate chip cookies, it’s a real skill, yo!
Here are some other cookie recipes you’ll love!
Tips On How to Make Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Use room temp butter
- Use salted butter
- Make sure your eggs are room temp (take your eggs out =of the fridge 30 minutes before you need them or set them in a bowl of warm water while you are preparing the other ingredients.
- If at all possible, use pure vanilla extract. You can taste and smell the difference in your cookies.
- Sea salt, the pink stuff is the good stuff!
Here’s a chewy chocolate chip cookies recipe…
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup White Sugar Granulated
- 1 cup Brown Sugar Light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs room temerature
- 2 tsp vanila pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 bags Guittard Chocolate Chips 1 bag in the cookie dough and 1/2 bag to put on top of the cookie dough balls or on top when the cookies get out of the oven
- 3 cups flour all-purpose
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and white sugar till light and fluffy. Add the eggs, vanilla, and salt. Mix together.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the baking powder, baking soda, and flour. Mix until combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture. mix until combined. Add the M&M's and mix until combined.
- Drop by 2" balls on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden grown on the edges.Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring the cookies to cooling racks. Enjoy!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
Pin this for later!!
These homemade Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies are the ultimate chocolate chip cookies. They’re buttery and soft even better than your favorite bakery chocolate chip cookie. This is a step by step guide on how to make the best chewy chocolate chip cookies.