This Coconut Lime Sugar Cookie Bars Recipe is outta this world with this amazing coconut lime frosting. It's a variation of the best buttercream frosting recipe made with the incredible flavor combo of lime and coconut. This makes the best bar cookies complete with this homemade buttercream frosting.
Soft and Chewy Sugar Cookie Bar Recipe
This is the best cookie bar recipe, like, I'm not even kidding. It's a recipe for simple sugar cookie bars. The cookie bars are dense and chewy rather than crunchy and cakey. They're covered in a whipped buttercream frosting made with the incredible flavor combo of coconut and lime.
This easy cookie bar recipe is perfect for an after-school snack, potluck or bake sale. It's a recipe for sugar cookie bars 9 by 13" pan. It makes about 15 3.5" cookie bars. These really are easy sugar cookie bars, but loaded with so much flavor!
You can also use this recipe for sugar cookie buttercream frosting. To get the fluffy buttercream frosting we all love, just be sure to whip it with the whisk attachment on your stand mixer and use room temperature butter.
If you love this Coconut Lime Sugar Cookie Bars Recipe, here are some other outstanding cookie bars that are easy desserts and ideas for BBQ's or bake sale.
Coconut Lime Sugar Cookie Bars
Sugar Cookie Bars
- 2 1/4 cup Flour all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar white, granulated
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
Coconut Lime Buttercream Frosting
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 lime Lime zest from one lime
- 2 1/2-3 Tablespoons Lime juice Fresh lime juice if possible
- 1/2 tsp Coconut Extract
How to make Sugar Cookie Bars
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray a 9 by 13" pan with non-stick cooking spray.?
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat the butter, sugar, and vanilla, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl until creamy and fluffy. Add the eggs and then beat again until mixed. Gradually mix flour mixture into the butter mixture.
- Press the dough into a greased glass baking dish, 9 by13", pan. Cover the bottom of the pan as evenly as possible with the cookie dough.
- Bake in a 325-degree oven for 20-22 minutes or until just barely golden. Take out of the oven and let cool.
For the Coconut Lime Buttercream Frosting
- In a large bowl, add butter and lime zest. Using a hand mixer (a stand mixer works great too) beat the butter until it is light and fluffy. Add half of the powdered sugar and mix on low speed at first and then increase the speed to medium until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Slowly add in 2 1/2 Tablespoons of lime juice and the coconut extract. Continue to mix for another minute or so. Beat until the frosting is light and fluffy. Add the rest of the powdered sugar. Beat until light and fluffy and all mixed. Add the last 1/2 Tablespoon of Lime juice if desired. Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the edges of the bowl when necessary. The frosting should form stiff peaks and still be fluffy enough to spread easily.
- Spread the coconut lime buttercream frosting on your cooled, cookie bars and top with sprinkles if desired. Enjoy!?
Here are some of the Best Cookie Bar Recipes:
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
Save this for later!!
IF you're looking for the best bar cookie...This Coconut Lime Sugar Cookie Bars Recipe is outta this world with this amazing coconut lime frosting. It's a variation of the best buttercream frosting recipe made with the incredible flavor combo of lime and coconut. This makes the best bar cookies complete with this homemade buttercream frosting.