These peanut butter no bake Golden Grahams S'mores Bars combine gooey marshmallows, melted chocolate and Golden Grahams cereal for a quick and easy take on the classic. These delicious bars are the perfect fast, fun and low-maintenance summer dessert.
Golden Graham S’more Bars
This no bake Golden Graham S’more Bar recipe combines some of the best flavors on the planet into one perfectly delicious summer treat. These little bars are chewy, crunchy, sweet and salty and take just about 15 minutes to whip up. What more could you ask for?
In addition to gooey marshmallows, melted chocolate and Golden Grahams, this recipe has a little dose of peanut butter because it just felt right. Who is going to complain about a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup and s’mores candy bar mashup?
Feel free to make your own adjustments like tossing in a few M&Ms, white chocolate chips or even a little toasted coconut. And if baked s’mores treats are what you are after, these S’mores Cookie Bars made with graham cracker crumbs are the thing dreams are made of.
No Bake Golden Grahams Bars Ingredients
- Butter - you can use salted butter if you want that extra salty flavor, but unsalted will work well, too.
- Sugar - this recipe calls for granulated sugar, but you could substitute a bit of brown sugar for a slightly different flavor.
- Karo Syrup - you can use Karo Syrup or any other kind of corn syrup that you can find.
- Peanut Butter - we recommend a creamy version of Jif, Skipper or a similar store brand. We don’t recommend using natural peanut butter for this recipe because it separates.
- Marshmallows - mini marshmallows work best. If you only have regular marshmallows you can chop them into smaller pieces.
- Golden Grahams Cereal - we use Golden Grahams to act at the “graham crackers” in this s’mores bar dessert.
- Chocolate Chips - milk chocolate chips will taste most like a Hershey’s bar, but semi sweet or dark chocolate chips will taste great, too.
How to Make S’mores Bars Recipe
- Boil the butter and sugar. In a large nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the sugar and Karo syrup and bring to a rapid boil for 1 minute.
- Stir in the peanut butter, chocolate and marshmallows. Reduce the heat to medium and add the peanut butter, stirring until melted. Next, add 1 ½ cups of the marshmallows, stir until almost completely melted and then remove the mixture from the heat. Add the Golden Grahams and stir until well-combined, then fold in about ¾ cup of the chocolate chips.
- Add to a prepared baking dish. Pour the cereal mixture into a 9”x13” baking dish that has been sprayed lightly with nonstick cooking spray and spread evenly with a spoon or spatula. Sprinkle with the reserved chocolate chips and marshmallows, pressing them in gently.
- Cool before cutting. Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes at room temperature before cutting into squares or bars. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
You could, but the reason we recommend mini marshmallows is because they melt much more quickly. If you try to use regular marshmallows, you may have a difficult time getting them to melt evenly so it’s best to chop them up first.
When it comes to no-bake cereal bars, we typically recommend sticking with a creamy variety of Jif, Skippy or a similar brand. Anything that is more “natural” separates which can affect the overall texture. Save the fancy stuff for your PB&J!
If stored properly in an airtight container at room temperature, these should stay fresh for up to 4-5 days.
It’s not recommended to freeze these because the moisture that develops once they thaw will cause them to become a little soggy. Since they are so quick and easy to make, we prefer making as many as we’ll eat within a few days.
Storing No Bake S’mores Bars
- Room Temperature: Store your No Bake S’mores Bars in even layers in an airtight container separated by wax paper for up to 3 days. It’s best not to store in the fridge or freezer where they will be exposed to moisture, making them soggy.
Golden Grahams Smores Bar Recipe
- ½ cup Butter
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Karo Syrup
- ½ cup Peanut Butter creamy
- 6 oz Mini Marshmallows divided
- 6 cups Golden Grahams Cereal
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips divided
- Spray a 9" x 13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the sugar and Karo syrup and bring to a rapid boil for 1 minute.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the peanut butter, stirring until melted. Next, add 1 ½ cups of the marshmallows, stir until almost completely melted and then remove the mixture from the heat. Add the Golden Grahams and stir until well-combined, then fold in about ¾ cup of the chocolate chips.
- Pour the cereal mixture into the prepared baking dish and spread evenly with a spoon or spatula. Sprinkle with the reserved chocolate chips and marshmallows, pressing them in slightly, then allow to cool for at least 15 minutes at room temperature before cutting into squares or bars. Enjoy!
More of Our Favorite No Bake Bars and Cookies
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies
- Nutella Cornflake Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies
- No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cereal Bars
- Soft and Chewy Scotcheroos
- Classic Rice Krispies Treats
- More No-Bake Desserts
- More Peanut Butter Recipes
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you. It helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
These easy No-Bake S'mores Bars combine some of the best flavors on the planet and can be made in only a few minutes. These little bars have peanut butter, marshmallows, chocolate chips and Golden Grahams cereal for a chewy, crunchy, sweet and salty treat.