If you're wanting to experiment with some ancient grains, these Einkorn Snickerdoodles won't disappoint even your toughest critic. These buttery, chewy and soft Einkorn Snickerdoodles are going to be a family favorite in no time.
Snickerdoodles Einkorn Cookie Recipe:
Whether you're looking to make a switch to a healthier grain, have gluten sensitivities, or just love to try new food products, this all-purpose einkorn flour is great for you.
This all-purpose einkorn flour is sold at einkorn.com.
They are a small organic family farm and offer wonderful products and great customer service.
If you're looking for more einkorn flour recipes, be sure to try our Einkorn Bread, Einkorn Brownies, Einkorn Chocolate Chip Cookies and our Einkorn German Pancakes. They all use all-purpose einkorn flour.
Tips for making cookies with Einkorn Flour:
- Einkorn flour absorbs less water. You will need to add another approximately 25% more flour to your recipes or reduce the amount of liquid in your recipe. Since there isn't usually liquid in a baking recipe, it's best to experiment a little and add more flour and possibly more spices or flavoring.
- You can use butter, coconut oil or whatever you like to use in your Einkorn cookie recipes.
- Let the cookies sit on the hot baking sheet to cool before you remove them. This will keep them from breaking if they are a little too soft.
- ½ Cup Butter
- 1 ½ Cup Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 Cups Flour
- 2 teaspoon cream of tarter
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup Sugar--to roll the cookie doughl
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs and mix again. Add the cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. mix thoroughly.
Add the flour in with the sugar mixture and mix until well incorporated.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ¼ Cup of sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll the cookie dough into 1 ¼" balls and roll in the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Place the cookie dough balls on a baking sheet, about 3 inches apart and fill the pan. There should be about 12 cookies on the baking sheet.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 8-11 minutes or till just golden brown on the edges. Take the cookies out of the oven and let them sit for 2-5 minutes. Place the cookies on a cooling rack. Enjoy!
- Place in a ziplock bag or other covered container when fully cooled to keep them soft and chewy.
The Best Einkorn Flour Recipes
- Einkorn Dinner Rolls
- Einkorn Cranberry Christmas Bread
- Einkorn Pumpkin Muffins
- Einkorn Buttermilk Pancakes
- Einkorn French Bread
- Einkorn Cinnamon Breadsticks
- Einkorn Cinnamon Rolls
- More Einkorn Recipes
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
If you're wanting to experiment with some ancient grains, these Homemade Einkorn Snickerdoodles won't disappoint even your toughest critic. These buttery, chewy and soft Einkorn Snickerdoodles are going to be a family favorite in no time.