This Fruit Pebble Rice Crispy Treats Recipe is fun and easy. It’s a great no-bake cookie that only takes about 10 minutes to make. This variation of a rice crispy treat is perfect for any party, celebration or quick treat!
These Fruit Pebble Rice Crispy Treats are so fun to take to just about any gathering. They’re not just for kids either. No one can resist the fun flavors and colors of fruity pebbles cereal.
While there are only 4 ingredients in these no-bake cookies, sometimes the ratios of marshmallow to cereal can be a little tricky. Here are a few tips that will help your fruity pebbles cereal bars come out perfect every time.
Tips for making the best Fruit Pebble Rice Crispy Treats Recipe:
- Use butter to grease the baking dish. No one likes the taste of pam. It’s a little messier but taking the time to grease your baking sheet with butter will definitely pay off. You want that first bite into the cookie to be joyous, not the synthetic greasy taste of cooking spray, smooth butter and then sweet, fruity chewy!
- Be sure to use butter, not margarine in this recipe.
- You can substitute a couple of cups of the fruity pebbles for regular rice crispies. This will cut down on the sweetness of these cookies. The recipe I made in these pictures has all 6 cups of fruity pebbles but I’ve made them a lot of times with half rice crispies and they’re fantastic and a little less sweet.
- Coconut extract in place of the vanilla extract is a fun variation. It’s more of a tropical fruity pebble cookie. YUM!
- You can store the leftovers in a ziplock bag or a covered container for up to a few days.
If you love No-Bake Cookie Recipes, Here are a few more to try…
and also these Classic No-Bake Cookies
This Fruit Pebble Rice Crispy Treats Recipe is fun and easy. It's a great no-bake cookie that only takes about 10 minutes to make. This variation of a rice crispy treat is perfect for any party, celebration or quick treat!
- 1/4 cup Butter (salted)
- 1 10 oz bag Mini Marshmallows (or 4 cups mini marshmallows)
- 6 cups Fruity Pebble Cereal (you can also sub half fruity pebbles for half regular rice crispies if you don't want them quite as sweet)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract (you can also use a 1/2 tsp of coconut extract for a flavor variation)
Coat the inside of a 9 by 13" baking dish with butter. Set aside.
In a large dutch oven pot, melt the butter on medium heat. Add the mini marshmallows and stir until the marshmallows are almost all melted. Turn the heat off and add the vanilla extract. Stir.
Add the fruity pebble cereal and mix until combined.
Pour the cereal mixture into the prepared 9 by 13" baking dish. Using the back of a spoon, spread the mixture evenly into the baking dish.
Get your hands just a little wet or spray with non-stick cooking spray and pat down the rice crispy treats. Cool until they hold their shape. Cut into 3" squares and enjoy!
The Carefree Kitchen Socials:
I’d love to connect with you on social media. Come find me!
Pin this for later!!
This Fruit Pebble Rice Crispy Treats Recipe is really easy and fun to make. It’s a great no-bake cookie that even kids can make and the great thing is, they only take about 10 minutes to make. This variation of a rice crispy treat is perfect for any party, celebration or quick treat!