This Fruity Pebble Rice Krispies Treats Recipe is fun and easy. It's a great no-bake cookie that only takes about 10 minutes to make. This variation of a rice crispy treat is perfect for any party, celebration or quick treat!
Fruity Pebble Rice Krispies Treats Video Tutorial
Easy No-Bake Cookies
These Fruity Pebble Rice Krispies Treats are so fun to take to just about any gathering. They're not just for kids either. No one can resist the fun flavors and colors of fruity pebbles cereal.
While there are only 4 ingredients in these no-bake cookies, sometimes the ratios of marshmallow to cereal can be a little tricky. Here are a few tips that will help your fruity pebbles cereal bars come out perfect every time.
Rice Krispies Recipes
If you love all things Rice Krispies treats, here are a couple more recipes you're going to want to try.
- Rice Crispy Treats
- Patriotic Rice Krispies Treats
- Fruity Pebble Rice Krispies Treats
- Chocolate Rice Krispies Treats
- Bird Nest Rice Krispies Treats- a springtime favorite
And if more of the best cereal dessert recipes beyond just Rice Krispies are what you are after, we’ve got you covered.
Tips for making the best Fruit Pebble Rice Krispies Treats Recipe:
- Use butter to grease the baking dish. No one likes the taste of pam. It's a little messier but taking the time to grease your baking sheet with butter will definitely pay off. You want that first bite into the cookie to be joyous, not the synthetic greasy taste of cooking spray, smooth butter and then sweet, fruity chewy!
- Be sure to use butter, not margarine in this recipe.
- You can substitute a couple of cups of the fruity pebbles for regular rice crispies. This will cut down on the sweetness of these cookies. The recipe I made in these pictures has all 6 cups of fruity pebbles but I've made them a lot of times with half rice crispies and they're fantastic and a little less sweet.
- Coconut extract in place of the vanilla extract is a fun variation. It's more of a tropical fruity pebble cookie. YUM!
- You can store the leftovers in a ziplock bag or a covered container for up to a few days.
Fruity Pebble Rice Krispies Treats Recipe
- ¼ cup Butter (salted)
- 1 14 oz bag Mini Marshmallows (or 4 cups mini marshmallows)
- 6 cups Fruity Pebble Cereal (you can also sub half fruity pebbles for half regular rice crispies if you don't want them quite as sweet)
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract (you can also use a ½ teaspoon of coconut extract for a flavor variation)
- ½ tsp Coconut Extract
- Coat the inside of a 9 by 13" baking dish with butter. Set aside.
- In a large dutch oven pot, melt the butter on medium heat. Add the mini marshmallows and stir until the marshmallows are almost all melted. Turn the heat off and add the vanilla and coconut extract. Stir.
- Add the fruity pebble cereal and mix until combined.
- Pour the cereal mixture into the prepared 9 by 13" baking dish. Using the back of a spoon, spread the mixture evenly into the baking dish.
- Get your hands just a little wet or spray with non-stick cooking spray and pat down the rice krispies treats. Cool until they hold their shape. Cut into 3" squares and enjoy!
If you love No-Bake Dessert Recipes, Here are a few more to try...
- Peanut Butter No Bakes
- No Bake Peanut Butter Smores Bars
- Nutella Cookie
- Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Reeses Peanut Butter Cereal Bars
- Peanut Butter Balls
- Triple Chocolate Power Balls
- Coconut Power Balls
- Chocolate No Bakes
- Springtime Rice Crispy Treat Nests
- More No Bake Desserts
- More Best Cookie Recipes
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
This Fruit Pebble Rice Crispy Treats Recipe is really easy and fun to make. It's a great no-bake cookie that even kids can make and the great thing is, they only take about 10 minutes to make. This variation of a rice crispy treat is perfect for any party, celebration or quick treat!