These Molasses Cookies are soft and chewy! This delicious cookie recipe is made with simple ingredients and can be enjoyed with or without frosting. Happy baking!
If you love soft molasses cookies, then you've got to try these. This is the best molasses cookie recipe for you!
These chewy molasses cookies are the perfect little cookie! So good! They're made with butter, sugar, molasses and all the ingredients that make a knock-out cookie recipe.
They can be made for any occasion but we love making them around the holidays. You also may want to double the recipe. They're that good! These cute cookies are the perfect neighbor gift or treat for your favorite teacher.
They're perfect with a buttercream frosting or a lemon glaze! It's the perfect pair.
If you're looking for some other fun Christmas cookie recipes, you might try these other delicious cookie recipes too. They are so good too!
However, if you're a fan of ginger molasses cookies, here ya go!
- 3/4 cup Butter, at room tempreture
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1/4 cup Molasses
- 2 1/4 cup Flour, all-purpose
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ginger Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/4 tsp Salt
Vanilla Buttercream frosting
- 1/2 cup Butter, at room tempreture
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 4 cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- Sprinkles (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In an electric mixing bowl, combine the butter and brown sugar. Beat until light and fluffy and then add the egg and molasses, mix again
- In a different medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger powder, ground cloves, and salt. Mix with a wire whisk until mixed thoroughly.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Roll the dough into 1 1/4" balls and place them on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden on the edges. Take the cookies out of the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes before placing them on wire cooling racks.
- Frost if desired. Enjoy!
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer until the butter is light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and beat again
- Add the powdered sugar and beat until the mixture has pea-sized clumps. Add the milk, 1 tablespoon at a time until the frosting is light and fluffy. (You want it soft enough to spread but firm enough to hold it's shaped)
- Frost the cookies after they have cooled and add sprinkles if desired
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
Pin this for later!
These Molasses Cookies are soft and chewy! This delicious cookie recipe is made with simple ingredients and can be enjoyed with or without frosting. Happy holiday baking!