These chewy Oreo and M&M Cookies liven up the everyday chocolate chip cookie by stuffing it full of Oreos and M&M candies. They are super fun and colorful, simple to make and always a complete hit.
Homemade Cookies and Cream Cookies with M&Ms
This recipe for Oreo and M&M Cookies is perfect for when you want a chocolate chip cookie with a twist. Not that Oreo and chocolate chip cookies need an upgrade, but sometimes you want to have a little fun. And since both Oreos and M&Ms come in a variety of flavors and colors, you can easily mix and match for different holidays like the 4th of July, Halloween, Christmas, Valentine’s Day - you name it!
Below, you will also find a few bonus ideas like Oreo Stuffed Cookies and cookie bars. You seriously can’t go wrong, here - especially if you add a glass of milk. Try something fun? Let us know how it went in the comments.
Ingredients in Oreo and M&M Cookies
- Butter - use unsalted, room temperature butter.
- Sugar - regular white granulated sugar.
- Brown Sugar - we like to use light brown sugar for this recipe.
- Eggs - any kind of large eggs will work. It’s best if they are at room temperature so that they don’t “shock” the butter when you add them.
- Vanilla Extract - pure vanilla extract tastes best.
- Salt - we like to use sea salt.
- Baking Powder and Baking Soda - the combination of these two ingredients helps the cookies to rise and stay nice and soft.
- Flour - we use all-purpose flour for this recipe.
- Chocolate Chips - we love to use Guittard brand dark or semi sweet chocolate chips.
- M&Ms - use any variety of M&Ms that you like! There are tons of different flavors and colors to choose from.
- Oreos - you can either crush your own or buy them crushed.
How to Make Oreo and M&M Cookies
- Make the dough. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar using the paddle attachment for about 3-5 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Slowly add the eggs, vanilla extract and salt and mix on low to combine. In a separate large bowl, whisk together the baking powder, baking soda and flour. Mix until combined, then add the flour mixture to the butter and sugar mixture. Mix on low speed until combined, scraping the bottom and the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add and gently mix the M&Ms, crushed Oreos and chocolate chips until just combined. Do not overmix!
- Scoop the cookies. Using a small ice cream scoop, or a spoon, scoop 2" balls and place onto an ungreased or parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 9-11 minutes, or until lightly golden brown and set around the edges.
- Cool. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
- Oreo Stuffed Cookies - make the dough but leave out the Oreo pieces. Instead, portion the dough as directed, but split each ball of dough into two with one piece about 75% and one about 25%. Flatten them both so that they are the same width (slightly wider than an Oreo cookie), then sandwich a full Oreo cookie in between, with the larger piece of dough on top. Bake as directed.
- Oreo and M&M Cookie Bars - make the dough as directed, then press gently into a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for about 18-20 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Oreo and M&M Peanut Butter Cookies - add Oreos and M&Ms to our favorite Peanut Butter Cookies recipe.
- Different flavors of Oreos and M&Ms. Both brands make a wide variety of different flavors and colors to choose from so you can have fun mixing and matching!
Storing and Freezing Instructions
- Baked cookies: Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days at room temperature, or up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
- Freezing cookie dough: The easiest way is to make and scoop the dough as directed, then place onto a baking tray and freeze for at least 30 minutes. Once rock hard, transfer to freezer bags and store for up to 3 months. To bake, just pull the cookies out onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and preheat your oven for at least 30 minutes. Bake as directed, adding an extra minute or two to the total time.
- Freezing baked cookies: You can also freeze baked cookies for up to 3 months, if you happen to have a lot left over. You should freeze them in an airtight container separated by layers of parchment paper and thaw either in the fridge or at room temperature.
Oreo and M&M Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup Butter room temperature
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 large Eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¾ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cups Chocolate Chips Guittard or similar brand
- 1 cup M&Ms any variety
- 1 cup Oreo Cookies crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar using the paddle attachment for about 3-5 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Slowly add the eggs, vanilla extract and salt and mix on low to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the baking powder, baking soda and flour. Mix until combined, then add the flour mixture to the butter and sugar mixture. Mix on low speed until combined, scraping the bottom and the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add the chocolate chips, M&Ms and crushed Oreos and mix on low just until combined. Do not overmix!
- Using a small ice cream scoop, or a spoon, scoop 2" balls and place onto an ungreased or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 9-11 minutes, or until lightly golden brown and set around the edges.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
More of our favorite homemade cookie recipes:
- Red White and Blue M&Ms Cookies
- Lemon Meltaway Cookies
- Oatmeal Butterscotch Chip Cookies
- Glazed Lemon Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Cake Mix Cookies
- Heath Toffee Bits Cookies
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
This recipe for Oreo and M&M Cookies is perfect for when you want a chocolate chip cookie with a twist. Stuffed full of Oreo cookies, M&Ms and chocolate chips, these easy cookies are super fun and always a hit.