This Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe is soft and chewy, buttery and sweet! If you love great cinnamon and sugar combos, this is the cookie recipe for you!
The Best Snickerdoodle Cookies
These little babies are a classic snickerdoodle cookie recipe. Soft and buttery and loaded with cinnamon.
This is such a winner! Everyone loves a great snickerdoodle cookie! I love making this year-round but especially in the fall and as a Christmas Cookie. Tie a cute bow around those cookies and it’s a darling gift!
If you’re looking for some other great cookies to make, here are a few of my other favorite cookie recipes…
How to make Snickerdoodle Cookies:
- This recipe works best in an electric mixer such as a Bosch or a Kitchen Aid.
- Cream the room temperature butter really well. When your butter is light and fluffy, add the sugar and mix again until fluffy.
- Cream of Tartar is a staple as a leavening agent in Snickerdoodle cookies. This gives it that little bit of tang to your snickerdoodles we all love.
- You can make this cookie dough ahead of time if needed but if not, It’s best to chill the dough in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- You can add more cinnamon to your sugar and cinnamon mixture if you love cinnamon.
- Be sure you don’t overbake your snickerdoodle cookies. Bake them until just the edges are light and golden brown but the middle doesn’t look doughy. Take the cookies out of the oven and let them rest on the baking sheet for a couple of minutes to cool and then transfer them to a wire rack.
- If your cookies aren’t flat enough, you can dip the bottom of a cup in the cinnamon and sugar mixture and flatten the cookies a little before baking them.
- 1 cup Butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar, white granulated
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 3/4 cup Flour
- 2 tsp Cream of Tarter
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
Sugar and Cinnamon Mixture--To Roll your dough in before baking
- 1/2 cup Sugar, white granulated
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter until it is light and fluffy, about 2 min. Add the sugar and mix again until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, and mix until incorporated.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. mix until combined.
- Combine the flour mixture and the butter mixture. Mix until the cookie dough is smooth and well incorporated.
- Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Roll into 1 1/4" balls
- In a small bowl, combine the 1/2 cup sugar and the 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Roll your cookie dough balls into the cinnamon and sugar mixture and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown on the edges,
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes. Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and let them cool. Enjoy!
The Carefree Kitchen Socials:
I’d love to connect with you on social media. Come find me!
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/the_carefree_kitchen/
Pin this for Later!!