These Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Drumsticks are an easy, inexpensive, and healthy chicken recipe. They are easy to prepare and only take a few minutes to cook on the grill. It is made with an easy chicken marinade is so easy to make and leaves your grilled drumstick so moist and juicy.
Grilled Mediterranean Chicken Legs
You can use any chicken cut for this recipe, I chose to use chicken drumsticks and make grilled chicken legs because my kids love to eat them, they're inexpensive and so delicious with this amazing chicken marinade!
You can certainly bake this chicken recipe too, however, grilling works the best. It is so good with the char from the grill and is so easy to clean up too.
What to Serve with Grilled Drumsticks
- Homemade Ranch
- Taziki Sauce
- Oven Roasted Red Potatoes
- Berry Salad
- Cucumber Tomato Side Salad
Ingredients in Mediterranean Chicken Marinade
- Lemon juice- helps tenderize the chicken as well as adds a really fresh flavor.
- Lemon zest- this will give your drumstick recipe a little zip.
- Olive oil- you could also use Avocado oil.
- Vinegar- this will help tenderize the chicken while it's marinating.
- Mediterranean Spices- basil, oregano, parsley, onion powder, and sage.
- Salt and Pepper- to taste.
How to make Mediterranean Chicken Drumsticks
- To make the Mediterranean chicken marinade, in a glass bowl or a ziplock bag, combine the cooking oil, spices, and lemon juice, the marinade ingredients.
- Mix with a whisk or a fork.
- Add the chicken drumsticks and toss in the marinade so all the chicken is coated
- Marinade for 2-24 hours
- Spray your grill with cooking spray and grill the chicken drumsticks
- Cook the chicken legs on medium heat for 2-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Using a meat thermometer, be sure the chicken is cooked to at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit. It's best to get as close to the bone as you can in the thickest part of the chicken leg.
- Take the chicken off the grill and let them rest for a couple of minutes before serving.
Tips for making The Best Grilled Drumsticks Recipe
- Use a ziplock bag to keep the marinade mess to a minimum.
- This recipe can easily be doubled.
- This recipe calls for fresh herbs but sometimes I won't have all the fresh herbs in stock. You can use dried herbs too. If you're using dried herbs, try putting them in the palm of your hand and rubbing them together. This will break up the herbs a little more and it will release a little more of the oils from the herbs.
- If you're using fresh herbs...hooray!It really does make it so much more delicious!
- To keep your drumsticks moist, tender, and juicy, be sure to use a digital meat thermometer when cooking drumsticks. If you wait for the meat to visible start to pull away from the bone, your drumsticks are overcooked.
- Chicken is considered cooked by the FDA when it reaches an internal temperature of 165'F.
Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
- 8-12 large Drumsticks
- ¼ cup Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Lemon zest
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoons Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Basil fresh if possible
- 1 teaspoon Oregano fresh if possible
- 1 teaspoon Parsely fresh if possible
- 1 teaspoon Onions Powder
- ½ teaspoon Sage ground
- pinch Salt to taste
- pinch Pepper to taste
- In a gallon sized Ziplock bag, add the lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, vinegar, basil, Oregano, Parsley, Onion Powder, Sage, salt and pepper. Mix all the ingredients together.
- Add the chicken drumsticks. Seal the bag and then roll the bag around so all the drumsticks are coated in the Mediterranean Chicken Marinade.
- Let the chicken marinate for 2-24 hours.
- Lay the chicken drumsticks on a hot grill. Cook on med heat until the internal temp of the chicken is 165 degrees.
- Take the drumsticks off the grill, cover with foil, and let them sit for 5 minutes. Enjoy!
Here are some other great Grilled Chicken Recipes your family will love:
- Honey Mustard Grilled Chicken Recipe
- Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
- Garlic and Herb Grilled Chicken Drumsticks
- Rosemary Garlic Chicken Breast
- Buffalo Chicken Drumsticks
- Lemon Rosemary Chicken Kabobs
- Southwest Chicken Kabobs
- 3 Citrus Grilled Chicken Marinade
- BBQ Grilled Chicken Salad Recipe
- Cilantro Lime Chicken
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
Leave a Reply