These Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Drumsticks are an easy, inexpensive, and healthy main dish. They are easy to prepare and only take a few minutes to cook on the grill. This chicken marinade is soon to be a family favorite!
You can use any type of chicken for this recipe, I chose to use chicken drumstick because my kids like to eat them, they're inexpensive and so delicious with this amazing chicken marinade!
You can certainly bake this chicken recipe too, however, grilling works the best. It is so good with the char from the grill and is so easy to clean up too
Tips for making this Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Drumsticks recipe:
- Use a ziplock bag to keep the marinade mess to a minimum.
- This recipe can easily be doubled.
- This recipe calls for fresh herbs but sometimes I won't have all the fresh herbs in stock. You can use dried herbs too. If you're using dried herbs, try putting them in the palm of your hand and rubbing them together. This will break up the herbs a little more and it will release a little more of the oils from the herbs.
- If you're using fresh herbs...hooray!It really does make it so much more delicious!
- To keep your drumsticks moist, tender, and juicy, be sure to use a digital meat thermometer when cooking drumsticks. If you wait for the meat to visible start to pull away from the bone, your drumsticks are overcooked.
Chicken is considered cooked by the FDA when it reaches an internal temperature of 165'F.
What to Serve with Grilled Drumsticks
- Tzatziki Sauce
- Easy Coleslaw
- Veggie Pizza
- Oven Roasted Red Potatoes
- Berry Salad
- Cucumber Tomato Side Salad
How to make Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Drumsticks
- To make the Mediterranean chicken marinade, in a glass bowl or a ziplock bag, combine the cooking oil, spices, and lemon juice, all the marinade ingredients.
- Mix with a whisk or a fork.
- Add the chicken drumsticks and toss in the marinade so all the chicken is coated
- Marinade for 2-24 hours
- Spray your grill with cooking spray and grill the chicken drumsticks
- Cook the chicken on medium heat for 2-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Using a meat thermometer, be sure the chicken is cooked to 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take the chicken off the grill and let them rest for a couple of minutes before serving.
Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
- 8-12 large Drumsticks
- ¼ cup Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoons Vinegar
- 1 tsp Basil fresh if possible
- 1 tsp Oregano fresh if possible
- 1 tsp Parsely fresh if possible
- 1 tsp Onions Powder
- ½ tsp Sage ground
- pinch Salt to taste
- pinch Pepper to taste
- In a gallon sized Ziplock bag, add the lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, vinegar, basil, Oregano, Parsley, Onion Powder, Sage, salt and pepper. Mix all the ingredients together.
- Add the chicken drumsticks. Seal the bag and then roll the bag around so all the drumsticks are coated in the Mediterranean Chicken Marinade.
- Let the chicken marinate for 2-24 hours.
- Lay the chicken drumsticks on a hot grill. Cook on med heat until the internal temp of the chicken is 165 degrees.
- Take the drumsticks off the grill, cover with foil, and let them sit for 5 minutes. Enjoy!
Here are some other great Grilled Chicken Recipes your family will love:
- Honey Mustard Grilled Chicken Recipe
- Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
- Garlic and Herb Grilled Chicken Drumsticks
- Rosemary Garlic Chicken Breast
- Buffalo Chicken Drumsticks
- Lemon Rosemary Chicken Kabobs
- Southwest Chicken Kabobs
- 3 Citrus Grilled Chicken Marinade
- BBQ Grilled Chicken Salad Recipe
- Cilantro Lime Chicken
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!