This Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce is sweet, savory, tangy, and uses just a few simple pantry staples. It’s ultra creamy and perfect for dipping chicken tenders, nuggets, French fries, fresh vegetables, and more.
Homemade Honey Mustard Sauce
This Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce recipe is one of those sauces that makes just about everything taste better. The combination of sweet, savory, and tangy in one creamy sauce is also a great remedy for picky eaters. Luckily, this sauce only takes about 5 minutes to whip up and uses a few simple ingredients you likely already have on hand.
While Honey Mustard Sauce is perfect for dipping your chicken tenders, nuggets, and fries, there are so many more reasons to love this easy recipe. You can use it as a sauce for burgers and sandwiches, as a dip for fresh veggies, or as a sauce for grilled chicken. Thin it down with a bit of olive oil and you’ve even got yourself Honey Mustard Dressing.
Ingredients in Honey Mustard Sauce
- Honey - the better the honey, the better the Honey Mustard Sauce! However, any kind of honey will work so use what you have.
- Mayonnaise - full fat or even lite will work. If you really want to go healthy, you could substitute plain Greek yogurt.
- Dijon Mustard - make sure and use dijon mustard, rather than yellow mustard. It’s the only way to get the correct flavor profile for this dipping sauce.
- Lemon Juice - fresh lemon juice has the best flavor. The best substitute is white vinegar such as white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar.
- Garlic Powder - this adds garlic flavor without any chunks so that the sauce will stay smooth and creamy. If you like your sauce a little spicy, feel free to add a pinch of cayenne pepper, too.
- Paprika - you only need a tiny bit to add a lot of flavor.
How to Make This Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce Recipe
- Mix the ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the honey, mayonnaise, dijon mustard, lemon juice, garlic powder, and paprika. Whisk until smooth and combined.
- Use or store. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days, or serve immediately with chicken tenders, chicken nuggets, or fries. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
As long as you properly store the sauce in an airtight container in the fridge, it should last for up to 5 days.
The best mustard to use for Honey Mustard Sauce is dijon mustard. If you try to use yellow mustard, whole grain mustard, hot mustard, etc. you won’t be able to achieve the correct flavor profile.
Yes! This dipping sauce is thin enough that it works great as a salad dressing. If you want to thin it down a bit, you could add a touch of olive oil. Or, you can follow our recipe for Honey Mustard Dressing here.
Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce Recipe
- ¼ cup Honey
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- ⅛ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Paprika
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, mayonnaise, dijon mustard, lemon juice, garlic powder, and paprika. Whisk until smooth and combined.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days, or serve immediately with chicken tenders, chicken nuggets, or fries. Enjoy!
More Homemade Dipping Sauces and Dressings
- Honey Mustard Dressing
- Easy Alfredo Sauce
- Italian Dressing
- Southwest Ranch Dressing
- Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Pesto Ranch Dressing
- Garlic Basil Hemp Aioli
- Homemade Pesto
- Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- More Sauces and Condiments
- More Appetizer Recipes
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you. It helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
This creamy Honey Mustard Sauce takes just a few minutes to make and a handful of simple ingredients. It's perfect for dipping chicken tenders, French fries, and so much more.
Leave a Reply