BBQ Chicken Salad with tangy barbecue ranch dressing is perfect for lunch or dinner! It has so many amazing flavors and it’s quick and easy.
This barbecue salad is healthy and filling. It’s not only packed with amazing flavors but it also has a full serving of protein and plenty of delicious beautiful veggies! You can have it for lunch, dinner or as a side dish for a potluck!
The Best Toppings for Chicken Salad:
- Grilled Chicken– an excellent source of protein
- Pepper jack cheese-another great source of protein as well as adding a creamy, spicy bite
- Black beans– provides an excellent source of copper, manganese, vitamin B1, phosphorus, protein, magnesium, and iron.
- Corn– provides a great source of pantothenic acid, phosphorus, niacin, dietary fiber, manganese and vitamin B6.
- Avocado— a source of healthy fat as well as pantothenic acid, vitamin K, copper, folate, vitamin B6, potassium, vitamin E, and vitamin C.
- Sliced peppers–are a wonderful way to get more “colors of the rainbow” in your food. They are a very good source of folate, vitamin E, dietary fiber, vitamin B2, pantothenic acid, niacin and potassium.
- Tomatoes–provide potassium, manganese, dietary fiber, vitamin A (in the form of beta-carotene),vitamin B6, folate, niacin, vitamin E and phosphorus.
- Cucumbers— vitamin K and molybdenum. They are also a very good source of pantothenic acid.
- Bacon Bits–They are just delicious and provide a little protein too!
- Olives— Some of the benefits are monounsaturated fat, fiber, beta carotene, and vitamin E.
There are so many reasons to “eat the rainbow” You can find more info here…
Tips for Making this Healthy Grilled Chicken Salad:
- Serve this healthy salad with warm chicken, not hot, just a little warm–so good!
- I like to serve this salad buffet style so everyone can have a salad they love.
- If you decide to serve this with corn, you can melt a little butter in a pan, add a teaspoon of minced garlic and cook until golden brown, add the corn and heat until warm and then squeeze a lime wedge over the corn. Talk about a party in your mouth!
- Peppers are a great way to get many colors and some crunch in your salad
- I also like to serve this salad with tortilla strips or chips, just a little crunch.
- Thinly sliced avocado is delicious in this too. Sprinkle them with a little salt and you’re good to go.Â It makes the salad so much more flavorful if each topping is already pre-seasoned and you can also get by with less dressing.
BBQ Chicken Salad
- 3 large Chicken Breast (plan on 1/3- 1/2 lb of chicken per person
- 2 Cups Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 Can Black Beans
- 1 small can Olives (Sliced)
- 1 large Tomato
- 1 large Avocado
- 1 bag Tortilla Strips
- 1 Cup Barbecue Sauce (any brand will do)
- 1 Cup Ranch Dressing
- 1 Cup Frozen Corn
- 2 T Butter
- 1/2- 1 tsp tsp Garlic
- 1 large Lime Wedge
- 2 Large Romain Lettuce Heads--enough for your crew
- For the Chicken: Salt and pepper the chicken before grilling. Grill the chicken and spread your favorite BBQ sauce on it during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Remove from grill and let rest for 5 minutes. Cup the chicken into strips or bite size pieces.
- For the Dressing: Combine about a cup of ranch dressing or as much as you think you might need for this meal. If you need 1 cup dressing you will add 1/4 Cup BBQ sauce to the ranch and mix. Drizzle this on your salad.
- For the Corn (optional): In a small saucepan, melt a couple tablespoons of butter. Add some minced garlic and cook until the garlic is golden brown. Add the corn and heat until warm. When the corn is warm, squeeze a lime wedge over the corn and mix--This is a party in your mouth!
- In a salad bowl, add the lettuce and then your favorite salad veggies. Add the chicken, cheese, tortilla strips and bbq ranch drizzle, enjoy!!
This healthy grilled chicken salad, BBQ Chicken Salad with tangy barbecue ranch dressing is perfect for lunch or dinner! It has so many amazing flavors and it’s quick and easy.