BBQ Chicken Salad with tangy barbecue ranch dressing is perfect for lunch or dinner! It has so many amazing flavors and it’s quick and easy.
This barbecue salad is healthy and filling.Â It’s not only packed with amazing flavors but it also has a full serving of protein and plenty of delicious beautifulÂ veggies! You can have it for lunch, dinner or as a side dish for a potluck!
This Chicken Salad is easy to customize for everyone in the family:
Some of our favorite and healthy toppings are:
- Grilled ChickenÂ â†’ an excellent source of protien
- Pepper jack cheeseÂ â†’ another great source of protein as well as adding a creamy, spicy bite
- Black beansÂ â†’ provides an excellent source of copper,Â manganese,Â vitamin B1,Â phosphorus,Â protein,Â magnesiumÂ andÂ iron.
- CornÂ â†’ provides a great source ofÂ Â pantothenic acid,Â phosphorus,Â niacin,Â dietary fiber,Â manganeseÂ andÂ vitamin B6.
- AvocadoÂ â†’ a source of healthy fat as well asÂ pantothenic acid,Â vitamin K, copper,Â folate,Â vitamin B6,Â potassium,Â vitamin E, andÂ vitamin C.
- Sliced peppersÂ â†’ are a wonderful way to get more “colors of the raninbow” in your food.Â Â They are a very good source ofÂ folate, vitamin E,Â dietary fiber,Â vitamin B2,Â pantothenic acid,Â niacinÂ andÂ potassium.
- TomatoesÂ â†’ provideÂ Â potassium,Â manganese, dietaryÂ fiber, vitamin A (in the form ofÂ beta-carotene),Â vitamin B6,Â folate,Â niacin,Â vitamin EÂ andphosphorus.
- CucumbersÂ â†’Â Â vitamin KÂ and molybdenum. They are also a very good source of theÂ pantothenic acid.
- Bacon BitsÂ â†’ They are just delicious and provide a little protein too!
- OlivesÂ â†’ Some of the benefits areÂ monounsaturated fat,Â fiber,Â beta caroteneÂ andÂ vitamin E.
There are so many reasons to “eat the rainbow” You can find more info here…
Tips for Making this Healthy Grilled Chicken Salad:
- Serve this healthy salad with warm chicken, not hot, just a little warm–so good!
- I like to serve this salad buffet style so everyone can have a salad they love.
- If you decide to serve this with corn, you can melt a little butter in a pan, add a teaspoon of minced garlic and cook until golden brown, add the corn and heat until warm and then squeeze a lime wedge over the corn.Â Talk about a party in your mouth!
- Peppers are a great way to get many colors and some crunch in your salad
- I also like to serve this salad with tortilla strips or chips, just a little crunch.
- Thinly sliced avocado is delicious in this too.Â Sprinkle them with a little salt and you’re good to go.Â It makes the salad so much more flavorful if each topping is already pre-seasoned and you can also get by with less dressing.
BBQ Grilled Chicken Salad is a family favorite. It has a tangy barbecue ranch dressing and is perfect for lunch or dinner! It has so many amazing flavors and it's quick and easy.
- 3 large Chicken Breast (plan on 1/3- 1/2 lb of chicken per person
- 2 Cups Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 Can Black Beans
- 1 small can Olives (Sliced)
- 1 large Tomato
- 1 large Avocado
- 1 bag Tortilla Strips
- 1 Cup Barbecue Sauce (any brand will do)
- 1 Cup Ranch Dressing
- 1 Cup Frozen Corn
- 2 T Butter
- 1/2- 1 tsp tsp Garlic
- 1 large Lime Wedge
- 2 Large Romain Lettuce Heads--enough for your crew
For the Chicken: Salt and pepper the chicken before grilling. Grill the chicken and spread your favorite BBQ sauce on it during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Remove from grill and let rest for 5 minutes. Cup the chicken into strips or bite size pieces.
For the Dressing: Combine about a cup of ranch dressing or as much as you think you might need for this meal. If you need 1 cup dressing you will add 1/4 Cup BBQ sauce to the ranch and mix. Drizzle this on your salad.
For the Corn (optional): In a small saucepan, melt a couple tablespoons of butter. Add some minced garlic and cook until the garlic is golden brown. Add the corn and heat until warm. When the corn is warm, squeeze a lime wedge over the corn and mix--This is a party in your mouth!
In a salad bowl, add the lettuce and then your favorite salad veggies. Add the chicken, cheese, tortilla strips and bbq ranch drizzle, enjoy!!