These Lemon Rosemary Chicken Kabobs are super savory with a bright lemon flavor. Grilled Chicken Kabobs are perfect for grilling at your summer BBQ or baked in the oven.
Lemon Rosemary Grilled Chicken Kabobs
These Grilled Chicken Kabobs use a rosemary chicken marinade made with fresh rosemary, lemon, and just a little dijon mustard. It's the perfect blend of savory and tart lemon, perfect for grilling with all kinds of different veggies and pineapple too.
You can make this chicken shish kabob recipe with chicken thighs or chicken breasts.
Tips for Making Chicken Kabobs (or Chicken Shish Kabobs)
- If you're using wood kabob sticks, be sure to soak them in water for a couple of hours
- You can use many different types of veggies...peppers, onions, zucchini, tomatoes, carrots, and pineapple.
- You can prepare the kabobs a few hours in advance if you need to. Just be sure to keep them in the fridge with plastic wrap covering them.
- Spray your grill with a little cooking oil before you start grilling. This will keep the kabobs from sticking.
- Serve with rice pilaf, baked potato, or salad.
- This recipe works well in the oven too. Cook on 350 for 20 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- Rosemary Ranch Chicken Kabobs are another great flavor combo - just add 1-2 tablespoons of ranch dressing mix to the marinade.
- If you're looking for a sweet, no-bake, treat for your BBQ, try these Peanut Butter Cornflake No-bakes, Nutella Cornflake No-bakes, or these Peanut Butter Smores Bars.
Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Lemon and Rosemary Recipe
For The Marinade:
- ¼ Cup Lemon Juice --Fresh
- ¼ Cup Avocado Oil
- 3 large Garlic cloves (or 3tsp minced garlic)
- 2 teaspoon Honey
- 2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 teaspoon Fresh Rosemary, minced
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
For the Kabobs
- 3-4 Large Chicken Breast -Raw
- 2 Large Red Bell Peppers (cut into 1" chunks)
- 1 large Red onion (cut into 1" chunks
- 2 Cups Pineapple (cut into 1" chunks)
- If you're using wooden Kabob sticks, add about an inch of water into a 9 by 13. Put your kabob sticks in and let them sit for a couple hours. This will keep your kabob sticks from catching fire as they grill. (Metal kabob sticks and wooden kabob sticks both work great!)
- Cut the chicken into 1" cubes and add them to a gallon size ziplock bag.
- For the Marinade: Add the lemon juice, avocado oil, minced garlic cloves, honey, dijon mustard, fresh rosemary, lemon zest, salt, and pepper to your ziplock bag with the chicken. Let the chicken sit in the marinade for 2-12 hours.
- Prepare your veggies for the kabobs. Cut all the veggies into the same size pieces so they cook evenly. Using kabobs sticks, alternate adding the veggies and the marinated chicken. The kabobs can be prepared a few hours before you grill them if you need. Just be sure to store them in the fridge covered with plastic wrap.
- When you're ready to grill. Spray your grill with a little cooking oil, add the kabobs and cook on each side for 5-7 minutes or until the chicken is done. Take the kabobs off the grill and let them sit for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
More Delicious Kabob Recipes
- Asian Beef Kabobs
- Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Kabobs
- Bang Bang Chicken Kabobs
- Southwest Chicken Kabobs
- Wedge Salad Kabobs
- More Main Dish Recipes
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
This Lemon Rosemary Chicken Kabobs marinade is so delicious!! It's savory with a bright lemon flavor. Grilled Chicken Kabobs are perfect for grilling at your summer BBQ or baked in the oven.