This Grilled Teriyaki Chicken is everyone's favorite year round! It has a delicious chicken marinade that can be made in advanced. This recipe will show you step by step how to make chicken teriyaki. This is the best teriyaki chicken recipe!
Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
This teriyaki chicken recipe has everything you love in a great teriyaki chicken marinade.
It has a deep soy flavor, a hint of ginger, sweetness, and garlic. You can make this recipe into grilled teriyaki chicken thighs, grilled teriyaki chicken breasts, or grilled chicken teriyaki tenderloins.
What is the best meat to use for grilled teriyaki chicken?
The best cut of chicken to use in grilled teriyaki chicken is the chicken thighs because they will give you the moistest and most flavorful teriyaki chicken recipe.
How to cook teriyaki chicken:
The best way to cook teriyaki chicken is on the grill. We use the outdoor grill almost year round but if you don't have access to an outdoor grill, an indoor grill or a George Foreman grill works great too.
It's best to cook this chicken on low heat to ensure it is as tender as possible.
What temperature is chicken done?
A meat thermometer or instant-read thermometer is your best bet for determining the temperature of your chicken. 165 degrees Fahrenheit is the safe internal temperature for both the white meat and dark meat.
You will want to use a meat thermometer to make sure your chicken cooks to an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Grilled Teriyaki Chicken
- 4-5 medium sized Chicken Thighs (plan on about 6 oz of meat per person)
- 1 cup Soy Sauce low sodium works great too
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Oil Avocado Oil works great
- 1/4 cup Green Onions sliced
- 2 tsp Ginger Powder or 2" fresh ginger, sliced
- 2 tsp Garlic Minced
- 1 tsp Seseme Seeds to garnish
Terikayi Chicken Marinade
- In a gallon Ziplock plastic bag, add the chicken, soy sauce, brown sugar, oil, green onions, ginger, and minced garlic. Let the chicken sit in the marinade for 2-24 hours.
How to cook the teriyaki chicken
- When you are ready to grill the chicken teriyaki, preheat the grill to about 335 degrees. It's best to cook it a little slower than normal so the sugar in the marinade doesn't burn.
- Place the chicken on the grill and cook for about 5-7 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown. Turn the chicken over and cook for another 5-7 min. Use a meat thermometer to ensure the temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Take the chicken off the grill and let it sit on a platter for about 5 minutes to cool a little and let the juices re-distribute in the chicken.
- if you'd like sauce for your teriyaki chicken, take the leftover marinade and strain the green onions out of it. Pout the marinade into a saucepan and bring to a rapid boil. Boil for 5 minutes. Drizzle a little sauce over the grilled teriyaki chicken or reserve a little to enjoy with rice or steamed veggies. Enjoy!
Here are a few other dinner recipes you'll love...
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
Save this for later!!
This Grilled Teriyaki Chicken is everyone's favorite year-round! It has a delicious chicken marinade that can be made in advance. This recipe will show you step by step how to make chicken teriyaki. This is the best teriyaki chicken recipe!