This Rosemary Garlic Chicken Breast Marinade is a healthy and delicious chicken marinade. It’s made with minced garlic, fresh lemon, and rosemary. It’s a flavor-loaded grilled chicken recipe.
Easy Grilled Chicken Marinade
If you love the flavor combination of garlic and rosemary chicken breast, this is the recipe for you. It's best if you use fresh rosemary but dried rosemary will do in a pinch. Just be sure to mince the rosemary into very small pieces so the flavors can infuse into your chicken marinade and you don't have any large, woody chunks of rosemary.
You can also use fresh garlic for this recipe or prepared minced garlic.
How to make Rosemary Garlic Chicken Breast Marinade:
Chicken: Use chicken breasts that have an even thickness, about ¾" thick. If your chicken breast is a little thicker than that, place the chicken breast between two sheets of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat tenderizer, pound the thick part of the chicken breast and even it out. This will ensure your chicken breast cooks evenly.
Garlic: You can slice fresh garlic cloves for this recipe or use the pre-minced garlic you buy in the produce section. Both work great for this recipe.
Lemon Juice: Fresh lemon juice is best but from a bottle works in a pinch too. You can also use fresh lime juice for a fun variation.
Rosemary: Fresh rosemary is the best for this marinade recipe.
Salt and Pepper: Add both to the marinade
Dijon Mustard: You only need a little for this recipe. It doesn't overpower the light rosemary and garlic flavors it just adds a little depth of flavor.
Oil: I like to use Avocado Oil in marinade recipes. It's light and doesn't add extra flavor. You can also use olive oil for this recipe or any vegetable oil of your choice.
This Garlic Rosemary chicken recipe is a perfect grilled chicken recipe and worked great for a BBQ with friends or just a simple weekday meal. Here are a few other side dish recipes we love to serve with this rosemary garlic chicken marinade...
Rosemary Garlic Chicken Breast Marinade
- 2-4 large Chicken Breast
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 1 Tablespons Fresh Rosemary Minced
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Salt adjust if you have specific dietary restrictions
- ½ tsp Pepper
- Preparing the chicken: If your chicken breast has an uneven thickness, place the chicken breast between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a meat tenderizer or even a mason jar to flatten the chicken and get it closer to being an even thickness throughout the entire breast.
- In a gallon size Ziplock bag, Add the chicken breast. (You can use 2-4 large chicken breasts for this recipe. When deciding on how much chicken breast to use for each person, I like to plan for ⅓ lb of chicken breast per person) If you are marinading more than about 4 large chicken breasts, you will want to double your recipe.
- Add the avocado oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, fresh rosemary-be sure it is minced into very small pieces, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Zip the ziplock bag and roll the chicken breast and the marinade around until the marinade is all mixed together and covering all of the chicken.
- Place the marinade and chicken in the fridge for 2-24 hours.
- Grill the chicken on medium heat or at about 325 for 20-35 minutes or until the internal temp of the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Take the chicken off the grill and let it rest for about 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!