This crockpot Hot Chocolate Recipe is the best hot chocolate recipe from scratch. This homemade hot chocolate is made with whole milk, sweetened condensed milk, unsweetened cocoa powder, vanilla, and just a pinch of salt. You can make this hot chocolate recipe in the crockpot or on the stovetop. Your family is going to love this hot chocolate recipe!
More Hot Chocolate Recipes
Toppings For Crockpot Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Whipped Cream
- Crushed Nuts
- Candy Canes
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- A drizzle of Chocolate Syrup
- Crushed Oreos
How To Add Candy To The Rim Of A Glass or Mug
If you’d like to add a decorative and delicious decoration to the rim of your glass, it’s so easy. All you need to do is pour a few tablespoons of corn syrup into a bowl. Crush some candy canes or add some sprinkles to another bowl. Dip the rim of your glass into the corn syrup, dip it just barley and then let it dry for a couple of minutes and then the sprinkles or whatever you’d like to dip it in. Wa-lah, fancy-schmancy!
Ingredients Hot Chocolate Recipe from Scratch:
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: This will add sweetness without giving your hot chocolate any gritty texture.
- Unsweetened Cocoa: You can add a little more or less depending on how “dark” you like your chocolate.
- Vanilla: gives it a deep flavor
- Salt: cuts the sweetness just a tad
- Whole Milk: keeps the hot chocolate nice and creamy
What to serve with Crockpot Hot Chocolate
- Candy Cane Cookies
- Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Mint Dipped Oreos
- Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Crushed Oreo Cookie
- Soft Gingersnaps
How To Make Recipe for Crockpot Hot Chocolate On The Stove
If you're making Hershey’s hot chocolate for a crowd, the stovetop is the way to go. Add all the ingredients to a large pot. Use a whisk to mix the ingredients together. Warm on medium heat until the hot chocolate reaches 160 degrees.
Temperatures above 185 will scald the hot chocolate and the flavor will change or the sugars will burn. It’s best to slowly bring the temperature of the hot chocolate up to 160 degrees.
How To Make Hot Chocolate In The Crockpot:
Add all the ingredients to a crockpot. Use a whisk to mix the ingredients together. Turn the heat on to low and let the hot chocolate come up to temperature slowly. Be sure to stir the mixture occasionally to prevent any scalding.
Crockpot Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Cocoa To make Dark hot chocolate recipe, add an additional 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 pinch Salt
- 6 Cups Whole Milk you can also sub 1 cup of cream for milk, it'll make it extra rich and creamy
How to Make Nutella Hot Chocolate in a Slow Cooker
- In a slow cooker, add the sweetened condensed milk, unsweetened cocoa, vanilla, and pinch of salt, and half of the milk. Whisk until combined. (It's easier to whisk and make sure all the ingredients are combined when you only have half of the milk added) Add the rest of the milk. Whisk again.
- Place lid on the slow cooker and turn to low. Let the hot chocolate come up to temperature (160-185 degrees) for about 2 hours, stirring every 20-30 minutes.
- Stir mixture before serving.
- Ladle into mugs and serve with whipped cream.
How to Make Hot Chocolate on the Stovetop
- Add all the ingredients to a large pot. Use a whisk to mix the ingredients together.
- Warm on medium heat until the hot chocolate reaches 160 degrees. (Temperatures above 185 will scald the hot chocolate and the flavor will change or the sugars will burn. It's best to slowly bring the temperature of the hot chocolate up to 160 degrees.)
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream, crushed Oreos, or mini chocolate chips if desired.
Frequently Asked Questions about Nutella Hot Chocolate:
Can you put Nutella in hot chocolate?Yes, absolutely. You can add a tablespoon of Nutella to your favorite hot chocolate. It makes an incredible treat!
How to make hot chocolate in the microwave.You can add all the ingredients to a microwave-safe bowl. Mix with a whisk and then heat until the mixture reaches about 160-185 degrees. Heat for about a minute, stir and repeat until the hot chocolate is hot but not above 185 degrees.
How to make Hot Chocolate Rich and CreamyYou can make a heavy cream hot chocolate recipe by substituting a cup or two of heavy cream in place of the milk. It will make the hot chocolate very rich and creamy. So good!
Here are some of the best Non-alcoholic Drink Recipes-
More Favorite Cookie Recipes
- M&M Cookies
- M&M and Oreo Cookie
- White Chocolate Coconut Cookie
- Cranberry Orange Cookie
- Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookie
- Lemon Cookie
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cookie
- Heath Toffee Cookie
- More Cookie Recipes
This crockpot Hot Chocolate Recipe is the best hot chocolate recipe from scratch. It's a homemade hot chocolate with whole milk, sweetened condensed milk, unsweetened cocoa powder, vanilla, and just a pinch of salt. You can make this hot chocolate recipe in the crockpot or on the stovetop. Your family is going to love this homemade hot chocolate recipe!