These simple no-bake Coconut Peanut Butter Energy Balls make the perfect afternoon snack, breakfast on the go, or even dessert! They're packed with healthy fat and protein and can easily be customized.
Easy and Healthy Snack
Some of our favorite ingredients for theses cute little energy balls are peanut butter (any nut butter is great), coconut, ground flaxseed, rice crispies, and mini chocolate chips or m and m's.
The "sticky" ingredient in this recipe is honey. You can change half of the honey out for other sweeteners like Medjool dates, real maple syrup, and agave but keep at least half of it, honey.
There is nothing that has the "stickiness" factor like honey! I like using at least a little maple syrup. It has such a mellow, sweet flavor and isn't quite as sweet as honey.
It seems like my family is constantly on the go. These energy balls or power balls, whatever you choose to call them, are perfect for on the go.
You can throw a couple in a soccer bag to eat on the way to practice or you can toss one to your kids headed out the door to catch the bus. You can customize the flavors to fit the needs of your family.
I've found that if I give my kids the choice of an ingredient or two, they are much more likely to eat them! You can do almond butter, cashew butter, rolled oats, steel cut oats, flax seeds, chia seeds, hemp seeds, coconut, dried fruit, protein powder, mini chocolate chips or m and m's.
There are endless delicious combinations!
Tips for Making The Best Power Balls:
- Use a 1 ½ Tablespoon Cookie dough scooper to make the balls and then finish with your hands
- Use a couple of Tablespoons of Coconut Oil for your hands when rolling the balls
- Store in a sealed Tupperware container with wax paper between the layers to keep the power balls from sticking to each other
- You can store them in the freezer or the fridge
I have another variation of these fun little energy balls. You can check them out here....
Peanut Butter Coconut Power Balls
- 2 Cups Rolled Oats
- ½ Cup Coconut, shredded
- 1 Cup Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter (or any Nut Butter)
- ½ Cup Flax seed, ground
- ½ Cup Honey
- ¼ Cup Pure Maple Syrup (or substitute for more honey)
- ½ Cup M&M's, mini
- In a blender, add rolled oats. Pulse it or turn it on low and chop the oats up until about half the size.â€¨
- In a small coffee grinder or a blender, grind up the flax seeds. (our bodies can't break down the whole flax seeds so they're really no good unless they're crushed or chopped up some how)
- In a mixing bowl, add the ground oats, coconut, rice crispys, peanut butter, ground flax seeds, honey and maple syrup, and m and m's. Mix.
- To roll into balls, use a 1 ½ Tablespoon Cookie dough scoop to make balls and then use your hands to finish rolling into a ball shape. Use coconut oil on your hands if you need to. I used a couple tablespoons of coconut oil, a teaspoon at a time, on my hands to keep the dough from sticking.
- * The "dough" should resemble dry cookie dough. When you scoop and lightly pack it together, it should stay in a ball and not break. If it's a little dry, add some honey. You can also add a little coconut oil to help it stay together. â€¨â€¨
- It works great to store them in a large airtight container in the fridge or freezer. Use parchment paper or wax paper between the layers of power balls to keep them from sticking to each other. ENJOY!
If you love no bakes, be sure to check out my...
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
Pin this for later!!
These simple no-bake Coconut Peanut Butter Energy Balls make the perfect afternoon snack, breakfast on the go, or even dessert! They're packed with healthy fat and protein and can easily be customized. Kids and adults love them!