These Peanut Butter Balls, or as many call them, Buckeye Balls, are everyone's favorite. They are a sweet treat, loaded with peanut butter, a little crunch, and covered in smooth milk chocolate.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Balls
These No-Bake Peanut Butter Balls are an easy no-bake sweet treat. They're delicious with or without being dipped in chocolate. You can make these Peanut butter balls with rice crispies or graham crackers.
This buckeye balls recipe calls making them with graham crackers, it gives the crunch a little more subtlety and makes the Buckeye balls a little denser.
Whether you're on the Buckeye's Peanut Butter Balls team or the Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls team, regardless of what you want to call them, I think we can agree these 'lil babies are delicious!
We love to make these Christmas Candies every holiday. They are also a great valentines treat! Any excuse we have to make these, we'll take it!
Here are some other homemade treats you'll want to try!
How to make Peanut Butter Balls:
There are several ways to crush up your graham crackers. The easiest way is to just throw them in a ziplock bag and crush them with a cup or rolling pin.
You can also grate your graham crackers or pulse them in a food processor.
I like a little crunch in there so I prefer them to have a little texture. You can do whatever fits your preference.
Next, you are going to cream together your butter and peanut butter. I did this in my kitchen aid and it worked great.
Just beat the room temperature butter and peanut butter together until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, and vanilla and mix it again.
This no-bake recipe only takes a few minutes to mix together.
Variations of the Peanut Butter Balls / Buckeye Balls:
If you're looking for a fun variation, try replacing the Peanut butter with Nutella, Cashew Butter, Almond butter or Nutella. There are so many possibilities!
You can also spread the peanut butter mixture on a baking sheet, cover it with chocolate and cut into squares. Also delicious!
Peanut Butter Balls
- 1 cup Butter, room tempreture
- 2 Cup Peanut Butter, creamy or Crunchy, both work great
- 2 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 4 cups Powdered Sugar
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 lb Chocolate to Dip the Peanut Butter Balls
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, a kitchen aid works great. Cream together the butter and peanut butter. Beat the room temperature butter and peanut butter together until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Crush up your graham crackers. The easiest way is to just throw them in a ziplock bag and crush them with a cup or rolling pin. You can also grate your graham crackers or pulse them in a food processor. I like a little crunch in there so I prefer them to have a little texture, You can do whatever fits your preference.
- Next, you are going to add the graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, and vanilla and mix it again.
- Your peanut butter mixture should be crumbly but hold it's shape if you squeeze it in the palm of your hand.
- Use butter or non-stick cooking spray to coat your hands. Roll the peanut butter mixture into 1" or bite-sized balls. There should be at least 24 balls.
- Place the peanut butter balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Set in the fridge until you are ready to dip the peanut butter balls in chocolate.
- You can melt the chocolate in the microwave. If you're using a large baker bar of chocolate, chop 1 pound of chocolate into ½" pieces. Place the chocolate into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Take the chocolate out of the microwave and stir. Microwave again for 30 second and stir between heating cycles.
- Don't rely on the shape of the chocolate to tell if it's melted. If the chocolate isn't stirred, it will retain it's shape and possibly scorch. Be sure to stir between heating it in the microwave. Heat until the chocolate is almost melted. Keep stirring, the chocolate melts the rest of the way because of the heat from the melted chocolate and the heat from the bowl.
- Remove the peanut butter balls from the fridge and using a fork, dip the peanut butter balls in the chocolate. Using the fork, shake the ball a little to remove any excess chocolate. Scrape the fork on the edge of the bowl to remove more excess chocolate.
- Place the chocolate dipped peanut butter ball on the parchment paper and set in the fridge or cool place until the chocolate is set. Store in a covered Tupperware container in a cool place. It can be kept for up to a couple weeks. Enjoy!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
These No-Bake Peanut Butter Balls, or as many call them, Buckeye Balls, are everyone's favorite. They are a sweet treat, loaded with peanut butter, a little crunch, and covered in smooth milk chocolate.