This Einkorn Cranberry Orange Bread is super moist, packed with juicy cranberries and sweet orange, and finished with homemade orange glaze. Since Einkorn flour is easier to digest than regular flour, this quick bread is a perfect choice for breakfast or brunch during the holidays.
Cranberry Orange Bread made with Einkorn flour is hard to distinguish from a quick bread made with traditional all-purpose flour. It's just as tender, sweet, and moist and made with a healthy ancient grain.
Einkorn Cranberry Orange Bread
This Einkorn flour recipe is an adaptation of traditional Orange Cranberry Bread. Einkorn flour is an ancient grain that is far easier to digest, yet comes super close to having the same texture as regular all-purpose flour.
The main difference with this Einkorn Cranberry Orange Bread is the suggested resting period of about 10-15 minutes before baking. Otherwise, they are both made the same and have the same moist crumb and bright flavor.
Einkorn Flour Orange Cranberry Bread Ingredients
- Einkorn Flour - you can purchase all-purpose Einkorn flour at Einkorn.com, or try and find it at your local health food store. If you would rather just use regular flour, you will only need 1 cup and you can skip the resting period.
- Baking Powder - the baking powder helps the batter rise and keeps the muffins nice and fluffy.
- Salt - sea salt works great.
- Sugar - you will need white granulated sugar for these muffins.
- Butter - your butter should be at room temperature so that it will mix properly with the sugar. You can either pull it out to room temperature for at least 1 hour ahead of time, or warm it for about 5-10 seconds at a time in a microwave just until soft.
- Eggs - any large eggs will work. It's best if your egg is at room temperature, which you can do by either pulling it from the fridge ahead of time or running the whole egg under warm water.
- Orange Zest and Orange Juice - you will need the zest and juice from about 1 medium orange. You will also need some for the glaze so plan on using about 2 oranges.
- Cranberries - fresh or frozen cranberries will work, but I prefer fresh cranberries. If using frozen, make sure to thaw them first. You can also use dry cranberries.
- Orange Glaze - to make the orange glaze, all you need is orange juice and powdered sugar. You can adjust the consistency by adding a little more or less of each.
How to Make This Einkorn Flour Recipe for Cranberry Bread
- Make the muffin batter. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the soft butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the orange zest, and eggs, and mix on low until the batter is smooth. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt, then add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix just until combined, then gently fold the cranberries in by hand.
- Let the batter rest. Transfer the batter to a 4” x 8” loaf pan and spread it evenly. Allow the batter to rest for about 15 minutes in order for the Einkorn flour to absorb the liquids.
- Bake. Bake in your preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the edges are golden brown.
- Make the orange glaze. Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack while you make the orange glaze. In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar and orange juice and whisk until combined.
- Finish. Use a piping bag or a spoon to drizzle the glaze over the top of your cooled Cranberry Bread. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Sure! If you would rather use regular all-purpose flour instead of Einkorn flour, just add 1 cup and skip the step of letting the batter rest.
There are just a few modifications you'll need to make when baking with Einkorn all-purpose flour. The main thing to keep in mind is that Einkorn flour absorbs liquid more slowly. This is why we let the batter rest for about 10-15 minutes before baking.
I prefer to use fresh cranberries, but you can absolutely use thawed frozen cranberries or even dried cranberries.
Storing and Freezing
- Room Temperature - store in an airtight container or freezer bag at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Refrigerator - store in an airtight container or freezer bag in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Freezer - you can also store this loaf frozen for up to 2 months. To thaw, transfer to the fridge overnight or room temperature for a few hours.
Einkorn Cranberry Orange Bread Recipe
- 1½ cups All-Purpose Einkorn Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Sugar
- ½ cup Butter room temperature
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Orange Zest
- ¼ cup Orange Juice
- 1¼ cups Cranberries fresh
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Orange Juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a 4" x 8" loaf pan, or line with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the soft butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the orange zest, orange juice, and eggs, and mix on low until the batter is smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Einkorn flour, baking powder, and salt, then add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix just until combined, then gently fold the cranberries in by hand.
- Transfer the batter to your prepared baking dish and spread the batter evenly. Allow the batter to rest for about 15 minutes in order for the Einkorn flour to absorb the liquids.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a rack for 10 minutes, then gently run a knife around the edges of the bread and tease the bread out of the pan. Let cool completely on wire racks while you make the orange glaze.
- In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar and orange juice and whisk until combined. Use a piping bag or a spoon to drizzle the glaze over the top of your cooled Cranberry Bread. Enjoy!
More Einkorn Flour Recipes
- Einkorn Pumpkin Muffins
- Einkorn Dinner Rolls
- Einkorn Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Einkorn Double Chocolate Brownies
- Einkorn French Bread
- Einkorn Cinnamon Breadsticks
- Einkorn Snickerdoodles
- Einkorn White Bread
- Einkorn Cinnamon Rolls
- More Einkorn Recipes
- More Quick Bread Recipes
More Quick and Easy Muffin Recipes
- Applesauce Muffins
- Banana Muffins
- Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Gingerbread Muffins
- Pumpkin Muffins
- Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- Cornbread Muffins
- Ham and Cheese Cornbread Muffins
- Mixed Berry Muffins
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins
- Easy Cake Mix Pumpkin Muffins
Einkorn Flour fans will love this recipe for Einkorn Orange Cranberry Bread. It's super moist, packed with fresh cranberries and oranges, and finished with an orange glaze.