Introducing the delightful Einkorn Pancakes! Indulge in the fluffy goodness of these buttermilk pancakes made with einkorn all-purpose flour and fresh buttermilk. Your entire family is guaranteed to adore these mouthwatering einkorn pancakes.
Einkorn Pancakes Recipe
You're gonna love these Einkorn pancakes. They are so light and fluffy and made with all-purpose einkorn flour from Einkorn.com.
Einkorn flour works and tastes a lot the same as the all-purpose flour you can buy at the store. Since it doesn't have as much gluten as regular flour, it takes a little longer to absorb liquids. Because of this, you will need to let the batter sit for about 10 minutes before you cook the pancakes. Just make the batter up as you would with normal pancakes, let it sit for 10 minutes, and then quickly stir it again before you cook the einkorn pancakes.
These are also great to use to make sourdough discard pancakes. Just add 1-2 tablespoons of discard sourdough to the batter and you'll be amazed by the flavor.
With Einkorn recipes, the ratios of liquid to flour are a little different. This recipe has been modified to suit Einkorn flour. If you like your pancakes really fluffy, only add about 2 cups of buttermilk to this recipe. If you like really thin, almost crepe-like pancakes, add a little more buttermilk to the recipe. This Einkorn recipe can easily be adapted to your family's preference.
You can also add your favorite chocolate chips and make Chocolate Chip Einkorn Pancakes or, of course, blueberries for Einkorn blueberry pancakes.
More All-Purpose Einkorn Recipes
- Einkorn Dinner Rolls
- Einkorn German Pancakes
- Einkorn Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Einkorn Chocolate Brownies
- Einkorn Pumpkin Muffins
Einkorn Buttermilk Pancakes
- 2 cups Einkorn all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar white, granulated
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Butter melted
- 2 ½ cups Buttermilk
- 2 large Eggs
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the einkorn flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix with a whisk making sure all the "dry" ingredients get mixed in.
- With another mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, buttermilk, and eggs. Whisk until all the ingredients are combined.
- Add the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture and stir until the clumps of flour are all mixing in. Do not mix more than is needed. Let the batter sit for 10 minutes, add a little more buttermilk if you want thinner pancakes. (The Einkorn flour takes a little longer to absorb the flour than regular all-purpose flour so the batter will become thicker during the 10 minutes)
- Spray a pan or griddle with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour about ½ cup of batter onto your hot griddle at a time. Cook the pancakes until there are bubbles popping on top and the underside is golden brown. Flip the pancake over with a spatula and cook the other side until the buttermilk einkorn pancake is golden brown.
More Einkorn Flour Recipes
- Einkorn French Bread
- Einkorn Cinnamon Breadsticks
- Einkorn Sourdough Bread
- Einkorn Snickerdoodles
- Einkorn White Bread
- Einkorn Cinnamon Rolls
- More Einkorn Recipes
These Einkorn Pancakes are made with all-purpose einkorn flour, fresh buttermilk, and real butter. Your family is going to love these buttermilk pancakes with einkorn flour.