This German Pancake recipe is made with all-purpose Einkorn flour. These Einkorn German pancakes are light, fluffy, and of course, buttery too.
Can you taste the difference when you use Einkorn Flour?
In some einkorn recipes you will notice a little difference but in this recipe, my family had no idea.
Just remember when you’re cooking with all-purpose Einkorn flour, you will need to reduce the liquid by about 25% or add additional flour. The Einkorn flour doesn’t absorb the moisture quite like regular flour.
Einkorn has just a little bit of a yellow tint to it but in most cases responds the same as regular all-purpose flour.
Where can I buy Einkorn Flour?
Here are some other Einkorn Recipes you might like:
Or some other breakfast favorites:
Tips for Making Einkorn German Pancakes:
- If you would like to make these pancakes with just regular all-purpose flour. Increase the milk to 1/2 cup.
- This recipe is so easy. Just dump everything, except the butter, into a blender and pour into your baking dish.
- These German pancakes are best when served hot before they deflate.
- Serve these einkorn german pancakes with Coconut Syrup, buttermilk syrup or your favorite jam.
- You can use a 9 by 13 baking dish, a pie plate or cast iron. This recipe works great just about anyway!
Incredibly delicious Einkorn German Pancakes made with all-purpose Einkorn flour. This recipe makes beautifully fluffy and buttery german pancakes your family will love.
- 3 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Milk (if you're using regular flour, use 1/2 cup milk)
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Einkorn all-purpose Flour
- 5 Tablespoons Butter
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
As the oven preheats, put the butter in an ungreased 9 by 13 pan and place in the oven, just until the butter is melted.
In a blender, add the eggs, milk, flour, salt, and vanilla and blend until smooth.
Pour the batter into the baking dish and place in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes or until the edges are golden and puffy.
Serve immediately with your favorite syrup, jam, or a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
I’d love to connect with you on social media. Come find me!
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/the_carefree_kitchen/
Pin this Recipe: