This Einkorn PumpkinÂ Muffin recipe is so easy and a fall favorite! It’s made with all-purpose einkorn flour and has an optional sugar crumb topping.Â The will soon become your family’s fall favorite!
These pumpkin bread muffins are made with all-purpose einkorn flour.Â Here are a few tricks in working with all-purpose einkorn flour that I’ve discovered that might help you in your baking adventures too!
Tips for working with All-Purpose Einkorn Flour:f
- When adapting your favorite recipes with Einkorn All-Purpose flour, you will need to either reduce the amount of liquid in your recipe or add approximatelyÂ 25-30% more flour.
- Give the dough or batter a little extra time.Â There is much less gluten in all-purpose einkorn flour so the water doesn’t absorb as quickly. If you’re making a yeast bread, do an extra round of kneading and rising.Â (You will notice the dough will seem a little dry before it rises.Â Let the dough rise to double its original size, and then it will be really sticky again.Â Add more flour while kneading,Â just until it’s not sticky again and let it rise for a second time before kneading and shaping into loafÂ pans or frenchÂ bread.)
- Einkorn flour isn’t ground quite as fine as regular flour you would purchase at a supermarket.Â You won’t notice this when the muffins are baked as long as you give a few extra minutes for the batter. (If possible, let your pumpkin muffin batter sit in the fridge overnight or for at least 20 minutes before you scoop it into a muffin tin.) Be sure to give one final quick mix before scooping into the muffin tin.
If you’re looking for a few other Einkorn Recipes, here are a few you might enjoy
You can add a crumb topping to your muffins.Â There are a couple of recipes I like to use.Â One is with Oatmeal and the other, the base is flour.Â For this recipe, I would recommendÂ using the oatmeal crumb topping.Â The einkorn flour has a tendency to be gritty in the crumb topping instead of chewy like the oatmeal.
This Einkorn Pumpkin Muffin recipe is so easy and a fall favorite! It's made with all-purpose einkorn flour and has an optional sugar crumb topping.
- 2 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Einkorn Flour (If you don't have einkorn flour and want to use regular, all-purpose flour, use 2 cups of flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 baking powder
- 1 cinnamon
- 1/2 nutmeg
- 1/2 ginger powder
- 15 oz Can Pumpkin puree
- 1/2 salt
- 1 sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (You can also substitute with coconut oil)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 C oatmeal-ground in the blender until it resembles cornmeal texture)
- 1/3 C Brown Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 T All-Purpose Einkorn Flour
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray 24 regular size muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
In a large mixing bowl, add the melted butter, pumpkin puree, eggs, and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
In another mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose einkorn flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger powder, and salt. Mix until combined.
Gently fold the pumpkin puree mixture in with the dry ingredients. Mix until combined. Cover with saran wrap. Let the batter sit overnight in the fridge or at least 20 minutes. (This will give the einkorn flour a chance to absorb the liquid and will ensure your muffins are light and fluffy.
Stir the batter once more and make sure there aren't any lumps or pockets of flour. Scoop about 1/4 C batter into each muffin tin. (You can top with a crumb-optional)
Bake in a 350 degree, preheated oven, for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean with just a few crumbs. Enjoy!
In a blender, grind oatmeal until the texture resembles cornmeal. In a mixing bowl, combine the ground oatmeal, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Scoop about 3/4 Tablespoon onto each muffin before baking.
In a mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose einkorn flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Scoop about 3/4 Tablespoon onto each muffin before baking.
The Carefreekitchen Socials:
Iâ€™d love to connect with you on social media.Â Come find me!
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/the_carefree_kitchen/