This Einkorn Brownies Recipe is an ooey, gooey, chocolatey, homemade brownies recipe! If you're wanting to make brownies from scratch, using einkorn flour, this is the best brownie recipe.
What is einkorn?
Einkorn is considered an ancient grain, meaning, it's been around a really long time.
Scientists consider Einkorn to be man's first wheat. Einkorn was found in abundance a millennia ago but is limited to just a few regions today. It is just recently that Einkorn has become popular and considered superfood.
Einkorn contains some gluten but a lot of people with gluten sensitivities get along great with einkorn in their diet. Einkorn has different genetic makeup than modern wheat.
It contains less gluten and is easier to digest than our modern, genetically engineered wheat, on store shelves today. If you're interested in learning more about this amazing wheat, check out Einkorn.com.
**Disclaimer: I used the all-purpose flour form Einkorn.com to make this Einkorn brownie recipe. I have not tested this recipe using Jovial brand flour.
If you're looking for more einkorn flour recipes, be sure to try our Einkorn Bread, Einkorn Pancakes, Einkorn German Pancakes, and Einkorn CInnamon Breadsticks.
Different Types of Einkorn Flour
There is a couple of different type of Einkorn flour. These einkorn chocolate brownies are made with all-purpose einkorn flour.
All-purpose einkorn flour is light, fluffy and very easy to bake with. It responds similarly to regular all-purpose flour.
There are just a few modifications you'll need to make when baking with Einkorn All-purpose flour.
This is a very decadent fudge brownie recipe. It's thick, fudgy and oh, so delicious!
It's a double chocolate einkorn brownie recipe. It's made with a lot of cocoa powder and has a layer of chocolate chips on top too.
You can omit the chocolate chips on the top if you'd like but if you're needing a chocolate fix, these are the brownies for you!
How to make Einkorn Brownies
- You can choose to make these brownies without the chocolate chips on top. They are still delicious!
- Because einkorn flour takes a little extra time absorbing liquid, let the brownies sit for 10 minutes after you mix them, stir again and then spread into a baking dish.
- This recipe works great in 9 by 9" baking dish (this is the one I used), a 7 by 12" baking dish, or a 9 by 13" baking dish (this will give you thinner brownies (about ¾" thick)
- Bake until the edges are just a little crispy and the middle is no longer doughy.
Double Chocolate Einkorn Brownies
Einkorn Brownies- Made with All-purpose Einkorn Flour
- 1 ¼ cup Einkorn Flour All-purpose
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 ¼ cup Sugar white, granulated sugar
- 1 cup Brown Sugar light brown sugar
- 1 cup Cocoa
- 4 large Eggs at room temperature
- ¾ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips milk chocolate or semi sweet work great
Regular, all purpose flour (If you just want to use regular flour)
- 1 cup All-purpose flour (in exchange for the einkorn flour)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the butter, sugar, brown sugar, cocoa, eggs, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Add the all-purpose einkorn flour to the butter and sugar mixture. Mix until combined. Let the brownie mixture sit for 10 minutes to give the einkorn flour a chance to absorb the moisture.
- Mix the brownie mixture again and spread into a greased baking dish (9 by 9", 7 by 12", or 9 by 13")
- After spreading the brownie mixture into a baking dish, sprinkle the chocolate chips on top and bake in a preheated, 350-degree oven, for 29- 40 minutes depending on the size of your baking dish. (I used a 9 by 9" pan and baked my brownies for 40 minutes.)
- Take the brownies out of the oven when the edges are slightly crispy and the middle is soft but not soupy. Let the brownies sit for 15 minutes before cutting and serving. Enjoy!
The Best Einkorn Flour Recipes
- Einkorn Dinner Rolls
- Einkorn Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Einkorn Pumpkin Muffins
- Einkorn Pumpkin Muffins
- Einkorn French Bread
- Einkorn Sourdough Bread
- Einkorn Snickerdoodles
- Einkorn Cinnamon Breadsticks
- Einkorn White Bread
- Einkorn Cinnamon Rolls
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
This Double Chocolate Einkorn Brownies Recipe is an ooey, gooey, chocolatey, homemade brownies recipe! If you're wanting to make Einkorn brownies from scratch, this is the best brownie recipe.
Could you use coconut oil instead of butter?
Sure! It should work great!
Love this brownie recipe. I grind my own Einkorn berries and sift out the bran. So good...they don’t stay around for long! We often make them into brownies sundaes with homemade chocolate sauce. Thanks for the yummy recipe!