This festive Holiday Punch is the perfect drink to serve at your parties during the holiday season. It’s bright and cheery, simple to make and even doubles as a beautiful centerpiece.
Easy Holiday Punch
Punch is the perfect holiday drink - and this Holiday Punch is our go-to recipe. You can make a huge batch, allow people to serve themselves and even use it as a beautiful centerpiece by serving in a pretty punch bowl with a few simple garnishes. No wonder punch has made such a huge comeback!
This particular recipe combines limeade, cranberry juice and ginger ale over ice with sliced citrus fruit and fresh cranberries as garnish. If cranberry isn’t your thing, swap out for pineapple juice. For an adults-only version, add your favorite rum, vodka, gin or Prosecco. Just about anything goes.
Whether you need a Christmas punch, a Thanksgiving punch or a Hanukkah punch this Holiday Punch recipe does the trick.
Ingredients in Holiday Punch
- Limeade - this recipe calls for a can of frozen limeade (or lemonade). You will need to also add water according to the package instructions.
- Cranberry Juice - any brand of cranberry juice will work great. Or, use a blend like cranberry pomegranate, cranberry raspberry or cranberry juice cocktail. Not a fan of cranberry juice? Substitute pineapple juice or orange juice.
- Ginger Ale - any brand will work. If you like your ginger ale extra spicy, you could substitute ginger beer.
- Ice - you’ll want to add the ice just before serving so that it doesn’t melt and water down your punch.
- Citrus -this recipe calls for lemons, limes and tangerines to be sliced super thin. They are mostly for decoration but do add a bit of flavor. You’ll want to wash each fruit before slicing, but keep the rinds on for a prettier display.
- Cranberries - use fresh cranberries instead of frozen cranberries for this recipe so that they don’t stain the punch red.
How to Make Holiday Punch
- Combine liquids. In a large punch bowl or large drink dispenser, add the can of limeade along with the amount of water according to the packaging instructions. Mix well, then add the cranberry juice and ginger ale and stir to combine.
- Add the ice, citrus slices and cranberries. Add the ice, lemon slices, lime slices, tangerine slices and fresh cranberries and stir.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Substitute Prosecco for the ginger ale. For a fancy adult version, swap out the ginger ale for Prosecco.
- Add orange sherbet. This is a classic addition to the punch bowl and would taste amazing with all of the other citrus flavors. Just before serving, add scoops of orange sherbet directly into the punch bowl.
- Use fresh fruit juices. Instead of the limeade, substitute an equal amount of orange juice, pineapple juice or apple juice.
- Add almond extract. It might sound weird, but just a touch of almond extract brings so much to the overall flavor.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you want to make this ahead of time, we recommend doing everything except for adding the ginger ale and ice. This way the punch will still be bubbly and the ice won’t melt!
If you want to make a spiked version, dark rum, light rum, vodka, champagne or gin would all taste amazing. You could even make two separate versions - one with and one without.
If you have any leftover, don’t throw it out. Add red wine to taste and voila - Holiday Sangria!
Holiday Punch Recipe
- 1 12-oz Can Frozen Limeade or Lemonade
- 1 64-oz Bottle Cranberry Juice
- 2 liters Ginger Ale
- 6 cups Ice
- 2 large Lemons sliced thin
- 2 large Limes sliced thin
- 2 large Tangerines sliced thin
- 2 cups Fresh Cranberries
- In a large punch bowl, add the can of limeade along with the amount of water according to the packaging instructions. Mix well, then add the cranberry juice and ginger ale and whisk to combine.
- Add the ice, lemon slices, lime slices, tangerine slices and fresh cranberries and stir.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Here are more of our favorite drink recipes:
- Caramel Apple Punch
- Orange Julius
- Disney Copycat Dole Whip
- Crockpot White Hot Chocolate
- Virgin Pina Colada Recipe
- Nutella Hot Chocolate
- More Drink Recipes
- More Fall Recipes
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
This Holiday Punch is bright and cherry, simple to make and doubles as a beautiful centerpiece. It's the perfect drink to make for parties and get-togethers all holiday season long.