This easy Mint Lemonade Recipe is the perfect drink to cool you down on a hot summer day. It's fancy enough for a wedding or baby shower and easy enough for everyday meals.
Best Mint Lemonade Recipe
A friend introduced me to an adorable little outdoor restaurant in Houston Texas when I was there for a visit a few years ago. It's tuck in a very unassuming part of town and serves the most delicious food.
They have the most amazing vegan burger made from beets and they also serve Mint Lemonade. I don't know if it was because of the heat or what it was one of the best Mint Lemonade recipes I have ever had. I came home with the intention of recreating that lemonade recipe with mint so I could have it at home any time I wanted.
I even grew 2 large pots of mint so I was sure to have enough mint to get me through the summer! You could even make a big batch and put in a drink carrier for trips to the pool or the beach.
How to Make Homemade Mint Lemonade
There are many ways to make lemonade. I wanted to create one I could have any time of the year and was minimal work.
This mint lemonade recipe is made from bottled lemon juice. You can certainly make it with fresh lemons but I don't live close to a lemon tree and that all just sounded like a lot of work.
Mint Lemonade Tips
- You can use fresh lemons or lemon juice from a bottle.
- Use sliced lemons in your lemonade for garnish
- You can keep the mint in the lemonade for a couple days. The second day is the best! There's so much mint flavor!
- Keep your lemonade pretty strong so when you add ice right before serving, your lemonade isn't watered down.
More Of the Best Lemon Recipes
If you're a huge lemon recipe fan, be sure to check out some of our other favorite lemon recipes.
- Lemon Blueberry Cream Scones
- Lemon Cheesecake Appetizer Dip
- Minty Lemonade
- Lemon Chicken Kabobs
- Oven Baked Lemon Green Beans
- Oven Baked Lemon Broccoli
- Lemon Ginger Chicken Marinade
- Lemon Herb Rice
- Amazing Lemony Bundt Cake
Mint Lemonade Recipe
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Cups Lemon Juice (from the bottle or you can squeeze your own lemons)
- 5-6 sprigs Mint Leaves
- 4 Cups Ice
- Make a simple syrup: In a medium saucepan, combine 1 cup water and 2 cups sugar. Bring to a boil and make sure all the sugar is dissolved.
- Let the simple syrup come to room temperature.
- Pour the simple syrup into the pitcher. Add the lemon juice and add the remaining water. (You want your lemonade to be pretty strong so that when you add ice, it isn't too diluted)
- Keep in the fridge until you're ready to serve and then add it to ice. Enjoy!
More Lemon Recipes
- Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
- Lemon Raspberry Bundt Cake
- Homemade Lemon Bundt Cake
- Lemon Sugar Cookie Bars
- Lemon Blueberry Cream Scones
- Lemon Syrup
- Lemon Bundt Cake
- Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Lemon
- Mint Lemonade
- Lemon Cheesecake Dip
- Lemon Sugar cookie Bars
- Lemon Blueberry Bread
- Lemon Raspberry Parfait
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
This Easy Lemonade Mint Recipe from scratch is the perfect drink to cool you down on a hot summer day. It's fancy enough for a wedding or baby shower and easy enough for everyday meals.
I made this over the weekend for a family BBQ it was a huge hit. Was the perfect refreshing drink for a hot summer day!