This homemade Tropical Punch recipe is a great way to add a little sunshine to your breakfast. Filled with citrus, pineapple juice, guava juice, and fizzy ginger ale, this easy punch recipe is the perfect non-alcoholic drink to serve for your next baby shower, holiday brunch, and more.
Tropical Juice Recipe (Non-Alcoholic)
No matter what time of year it is, you can bring a little sunshine to your day with this easy, refreshing Tropical Fruit Punch. It’s flavored with orange juice, pineapple juice, guava juice, and sparkling ginger ale then served over ice with freshly sliced citrus and strawberries.
While this version is kid-friendly, feel free to swap out the ginger ale for Prosecco, Champagne, or another sparkling wine to serve at an adults-only event. You can also have fun with the sliced fruit, adding sliced star fruit, pineapple chunks, or any other tropical fruits you can find.
Love fun breakfast juice recipes? Check out this Breakfast Punch or any of our other drink recipes here.
Ingredients in Tropical Breakfast Punch
- Orange Juice Concentrate - you’ll need one can of frozen orange juice concentrate. It’s easiest to mix with the rest of the ingredients if it is already thawed, so either thaw in the fridge overnight or pull it out to room temperature for a couple hours. If you want to substitute fresh orange juice, skip the water and add about 4 cups of fresh orange juice.
- Pineapple Juice - this adds a deliciously tart sweetness to the punch and extra tropical flavor.
- Guava Juice - You should be able to find guava juice with all of the other fruit juices. Guava nectar has a similar flavor but is much sweeter. It’s perfectly fine to use, but you will want to adjust the amount of water if you find it too sweet. Other options are mango juice or passion fruit juice.
- Water - It’s a good idea to taste your punch before adding the full amount of water because you may prefer it a bit stronger. Note that if you use fresh orange juice, you don’t need to add any water.
- Ice - make sure to add the ice just before serving so that it doesn’t melt and water down your punch. I prefer to use ice cubes rather than shaved ice because they melt more slowly.
- Lemons - these should be washed, then sliced super thin with any seeds removed. You can also use limes or a combination of lemons and limes.
- Tangerines - you can use tangerines or any other kinds of orange for garnishing your punch. Just like the lemons, you should wash them, then slice thin and remove any seeds before adding.
- Strawberries - these can either be sliced or cut into quarters. They are strictly for garnish, so you could also skip the berries and add another kind of citrus. Or, fresh cranberries would look great around the holidays.
- Ginger Ale - any brand of ginger ale or ginger beer will work well. You could also replace it with sparkling water. If you would rather spike your punch with booze, you can replace the ginger ale with Prosecco, Champagne, or another type of sparkling wine.
How to Make Tropical Juice
- Combine the juices. In a large punch bowl, add thawed orange juice, pineapple juice, and guava juice. Mix together, then add about 3 cups of water. Taste test, adding up to 1 additional cup of water.
- Add the fresh fruit, ice, and ginger ale. Add the ice, sliced lemons, tangerines, and strawberries then mix in the ginger ale.
- Serve. Serve immediately, garnishing with special straws and more sliced fruit as desired. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Guava nectar can be found at most grocery stores, either in the fruit juice section or the Mexican foods section. I recommend using guava juice if you can find it as it’s less sweet than the nectar. Ceres brand is a great choice. Feel free to use guava nectar if it’s all that you can find, just note that it will be a touch sweeter.
If you want to spike your Tropical Punch, I recommend adding rum, hard cider, Champagne, Prosecco, or any other sparkling wine. If you go with something bubbly you can skip the ginger ale. Feel free to either add the alcohol directly to your punch bowl, or serve it on the side for guests to add their own.
Yes! To start your party punch ahead of time, you can combine the three fruit juices and water and store overnight in an airtight container or pitcher. The fresh fruit can also be sliced and stored overnight in an airtight container in the fridge. Just before serving, add the ice and ginger ale.
Storing Tropical Punch Drink
- Refrigerator: leftover Tropical Punch can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. To serve, add more ginger ale to taste.
- Make-ahead: fresh fruit can be sliced and stored in an airtight container overnight. Everything else besides the ice and ginger ale can be mixed together and stored overnight, too. This way, the day of you will just need to add the sliced fruit, ice, and ginger ale to your punch.
Tropical Punch Recipe
- 1 12-oz can Orange Juice Concentrate thawed
- 4 cups Pineapple Juice
- 2 cups Guava Juice
- 1 cup Water
- 6 cups Ice
- 2 large Lemons sliced thin
- 2 large Tangerines sliced thin
- ½ cup Strawberries sliced
- 4 cups Ginger Ale
- In a large punch bowl, add thawed orange juice, pineapple juice, and guava juice. Mix together, taste test, adding up to 1 additional cup of water.
- Add the ice, sliced lemons, tangerines, and strawberries then mix in the ginger ale.
- Serve immediately, garnishing with special straws and more sliced fruit as desired. Enjoy!
More Homemade Drink Recipes to Try
- Breakfast Punch
- Holiday Punch
- Caramel Apple Punch
- Mulled Cider
- Hot Chocolate Bar
- Strawberry Orange Julius
- Crockpot White Hot Chocolate
- Crockpot Hot Chocolate
- Nutella Hot Chocolate
- More Drink Recipes
- More Breakfast Favorites
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you. It helps other readers and me too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
This refreshing Tropical Punch recipe is made with orange juice, pineapple juice, guava juice, and ginger ale. It's kid-friendly and perfect for baby showers, brunches, and more.
Leave a Reply