This Purple Halloween Punch is a fun and easy non-alcoholic Halloween punch for kids. For an extra spooky Halloween touch, add a little dry ice and serve in decorative cups.
Purple Halloween Punch for Kids
With just 4 ingredients, this bright Purple Halloween Punch recipe is a great last minute drink to serve at Halloween parties. The purple color comes from mixing pineapple juice with a packet of Grape Kool Aid. From there, just top off with Sprite, or another sparkling lemon lime soda.
To get the full witch brew spooky Halloween effect, you’ll want to find dry ice. Below we’ve included a few tips on how to handle dry ice safely and where to find it. This party punch is non-alcoholic, but if you want to make an adults-only version you could add a little sparkling wine or vodka.
And if you want to try a green version, you can give our Green Halloween Punch a try.
Purple Halloween Punch Ingredients
- Pineapple Juice - you’ll need a 60 ounce can of pineapple juice. You could also substitute apple cider or lemonade if you prefer.
- Grape Kool Aid - you will need one 0.13 ounce packet of Grape Kool Aid for this recipe. This is what turns the punch bright purple.
- Sprite - Sprite adds flavor and fizz. You could substitute Squirt, Ginger Ale, or another lemon lime soda.
- Dry Ice - this is completely optional but adds a fun touch, especially if you are serving this for a kid’s party.
How to Make This Purple Halloween Punch Recipe
- Combine the ingredients. In a large punch bowl, add the can of pineapple juice and Kool Aid. Mix well, then top with Sprite and stir to combine.
- Add the dry ice. Just before serving, add the dry ice (if using).
- Serve. Serve in decorative cups. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
If you don’t have dry ice and want to keep your Purple Punch cool during a party, the key is to put a large ice cube in it. The larger the ice cube the slower it will be to melt and dilute the punch. You can freeze water in just about any mold you can find, then place into the center of the punch bowl when you serve it.
Be very careful when handling dry ice because it can give you pretty severe burns if handled with bare hands. Make sure to wear gloves, hold with tongs, and keep away from small children.
You can check at your local grocery store to see if they carry dry ice. If not, some chains such as Walmart may. It’s best to ask because it may not be where you expect for it to be.
You could make a portion of this punch ahead of time, although it isn’t really worth it. Since you don’t want to add the Sprite or dry ice ahead of time, all you would be mixing together would be the pineapple juice and Kool Aid.
If you would rather skip the Kool Aid, you could substitute grape juice for the pineapple juice. It won’t be quite as bright purple, but will still have a purple tinge to it.
Purple Halloween Punch Recipe
- 1 60-oz can Pineapple Juice or Lemonade
- 1 packet Grape Kool Aid
- 2 liters Sprite or Squirt or ginger ale
- ½ pound Dry Ice optional
- In a large punch bowl, add the can of pineapple juice and Grape Kool Aide. Mix well. Top with Sprite and stir to combine.
- Just before serving, add the dry ice (optional). Serve in decorative cups. Enjoy!
More Fun Halloween Recipes
- Green Halloween Punch
- Halloween Pizza Skulls
- Spider Web Bean Dip
- Jack-o-Lantern Cookies
- Graveyard Cupcakes
- Halloween Eyeball Cupcakes
- Fall Party Mix
- Cyclops Meatballs
- Mummy Poppers
- Mummy Hotdogs
- Mulled Cider
- Spooky Halloween Monster Cookies
- Even More Halloween Recipes
- More Fall Recipes
- More Homemade Drink Recipes
This spooky Purple Halloween Punch recipe is the perfect party punch to serve for kids Halloween parties. It's made with pineapple juice, Sprite, and bright purple Grape Kool Aid.