Crockpot Cheesy Potato Casserole Recipe is so easy to make. It's a dump and go recipe that only makes a few minutes to throw together. It's total comfort food and the perfect side dish for just about any meal. This is the best cheesy potato casserole!
These Potatoes are a hit around the holidays and every family dinner. I also have a Cheesy Potatoes in oven recipe and if you're wondering what to serve with these cheesy potatoes, be sure to try our Turkey Breast, Pot Roast, and Crispy Chicken Recipe. They're all classics and everyone loves them.
And if you're looking for another easy to make Cheesy Potato recipe with a little kick, try our Spicy Cheesy Potatoes.
Crockpot Cheesy Potatoes Video Tutorial
Ingredients in Crockpot Cheesy Hashbrown Potatoes
- Shredded Hashbrown Potatoes
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Garlic Salt
- Salt and Pepper to taste
How to Make Cheesy Potatoes in Slow Cooker
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized saute pan, on medium heat, saute diced onions in butter. Sautee until the onions are soft, tender, and golden brown.
- In a large bowl, combine the hashbrowns potatoes, sauteed onions, sour cream, cream of mushroom soup, garlic salt, and half of the shredded cheese. Mix.
- Spray the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread the potato mixture in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Top the potatoes with remaining shredded cheese.
- Cook on low for about 4 hours or on high for 2.5-3 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can peel and dice or shred fresh potatoes. This takes a little longer to prep but works just as well. You can also use leftover baked potatoes for this recipe. Just peel, if desired, and cut into chunks for the potato casserole.
Yes, it just gives the casserole a little different texture and takes a little longer to cook.
Keep the leftovers in the fridge in an air-tight container for 4-5 days.
Oven: To reheat the potatoes, you can spread them in a small casserole dish, top with more cheese, and reheat in a 325-degree oven for 30 minutes or until warm throughout and the cheese if melted.
Microwave: To reheat the potatoes in the microwave, spread them evenly on a microwave-safe plate and heat in 30-second increments with stirring, until heated throughout.
What to serve with Cheesy Potatoes
Other Favorite Potato Side Dishes
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole
- Hassleback Potatoes
- Gruyere Scalloped Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows
- Steakhouse Baked Potatoes
Crockpot Cheesy Potatoes Recipe
- 1 20 oz bag Shredded Potatoes frozen and pre-packaged work great
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1.5 cups Onion diced
- 2 cups Cheese (reserve ½ c for topping)
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 10.5 oz can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 2 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- Spray the inside of your Slow Cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a skillet, on medium heat, melt the butter and add the onions. Sautee the onions, on medium heat, until they are soft, tender and caramelized.
- In the slow cooker, add the shredded potatoes, caramelized onions, half of the shredded cheese, sour cream, cream of mushroom soup and the garlic salt. Stir until combined.
- Spread the ingredients in to the bottom of the slow cooker with a spoon and add the remaining ½ cup of shredded cheese.
- Cook on high for 2.5- 3 hours or low for 4-5 hours. Or until the cheese is melted and slightly golden. Let the potatoes cool for about 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
More favorite Potato Recipes...
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole
- Roasted Potatoes
- Crockpot Ham and Cheese Potatoes
- Fingerling Potatoes
- Smashed Potatoes
- Crockpot Mashed Potatoes
- Potato Skins
- German Potato Salad
- Twice Baked Potatoes
- Gruyere Mashed Potatoes
- More Potato Recipes
- Best Side Dishes
Crockpot Cheese and Potato Casserole Recipe is so easy to make. It's a dump and go recipe that only makes a few minutes to throw together. It's total comfort food and the perfect potato side dish for just about any meal.