This Monterey Chicken recipe is an easy weekday meal that’s fancy enough for company too. Juicy chicken, crispy bacon and sweet barbecue sauce, what’s there not to love!?!
This is an all time favorite at our house! This easy chicken recipe is one of those rare meals everyone loves. We love to eat it with a side of mashed potatoes, baked potato or rice.
- You can used grilled chicken or pan seared chicken with this recipe
- Use your favorite BBQ sauce. My family loves Sweet Baby Rays.
- The green onions are optional in this recipe. I love the sharp flavor!
- You can use shredded cheddar cheese if you have little ones who don’t prefer the spice in the pepper jack cheese.
- The bacon I prefer to use is fresh, crispy bacon but even the bacon bits from costco work great. You can add them to the chicken dish before baking and they’ll crisp right up!
- I like to grill the chicken, add the toppings and then immediately put it into the oven on broil to melt the cheese but you can also cook the chicken ahead of time and then just warm everything up in the oven when you need it. Both methods work great!
This easy chicken recipe is easy enough for any weekday meal and fancy enough for company. Quick, easy and definitely a delicious crowd pleaser everyone loves!
- 4 Chicken Breast, boneless, skinless
- 2 Tablespoons Cooking oil (If pan searing)
- 1/2 Cup Barbecue Sauce (your favorite)
- 1 Cup Pepper Jack Cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 Cup Bacon Bits (cooked)
- 2 Tablespoons Green Onion (minced)
Grill your chicken breasts. Salt and pepper to taste. Make sure chicken is cooked thoroughly but not over done.
Place cooked chicken breasts in a baking dish. Add barbeque sauce, shredded pepper jack cheese, bacon bits, and green onions. (green onions are optional)
Place chicken in oven and broil till the cheese is bubbly, melted and golden brown. (about 5 minutes) Enjoy!