If you are’n’t feeding a big crowd or aren’t up for dressing an entire turkey, here’s the turkey breast recipe for you! It’s quick, easy, and turns out tasty and juicy every time.
If cleaning, dressing, baking, and basting an entire bird isn’t in the cards for you this holiday season, look no further! This is an easy solution, just bake a turkey breast!
Where did I find a turkey breast you ask? Finding just a turkey breast can be a little tricky. I have had good luck finding them at Costco for the past few years in the frozen food section. I’ve also found them at Winco during the holiday season too. They are usually about 4 pounds and around $4 per pound. That’s a great price, especially since you can eat almost 100% of it. There aren’t any bones, just a layer of fat which you want when cooking to keep it moist and juicy.
Oven roasting a turkey breast is also a great solution if you have a big crowd and your main turkey isn’t going to be enough to feed the whole crowd. Roasting an extra turkey breast is a great solution! It’s also 100% white meat. If your family is like mine, the white meat always goes first. This oven roasted turkey breast is all white meat!
This recipe only takes a few minutes to put together. You can even make this up a day in advance and keep it in the fridge till you’re ready to bake it. For the cooking time, it takes about 90 minutes but you’re going to need to allow about 2 hours from the time you pull it out of the fridge till you’re ready to eat it.
This turkey breast is going to cook more evenly if you let it come to room temp on the counter before you cook it. It will cut down on the cooking time and the meat will be juicier.
It’s also best to let your turkey breast rest for about 10 minutes before you cut into it.
Here are some other recipes that would go great with this turkey breast:
How To Prepare Your Turkey Breast
1. Thaw your turkey breast 2-3 days before the cooking day to ensure it has enough time to thaw.
2. Mix up the butter and herb rub, just use a fork in a small bowl to mix.
3. Take the packaging off the turkey breast, including the twine if there is any.
4. Place the turkey breast in a 9 by 13″ baking dish and pat it dry with paper towels to remove the moisture. (This way the butter and herbs will stick to the outside of the turkey breast
5. . Sprinkle the turkey with sea salt.
6. Using your hands or the back of a spatula, spread the butter mixture all over the turkey. It’s okay if there are some clumps of butter.
7. Cut up a few carrots and onions and place around the turkey breast.
8. Put a thermometer in the thickest part of the turkey breast and place in a 350 degree oven for 70-90 min
9. Bake the turkey until the thermometer reads 165 degrees. (If the skin or top of the turkey is browning too quickly and the turkey hasn’t reached 165 degrees yet, cover the turkey with foil until it’s done.)
10. Take the turkey out of the oven and let it rest for about 10 minutes. Serve
If you are'n't feeding a big crowd or aren't up for dressing an entire turkey, here's the turkey breast recipe for you! It's quick, easy, and turns out tasty and juicy every time.
- 3-4 lb Turkey Breast, plan on 1/3-1/2 lb per person.
- 1/3 cup Butter, room temp
- 4 cloves Garlic, Minced, or 2 Tablespoons
- 2 tsp Thyme, fresh, minced
- 2 tsp Rosemary, fresh ,minced
- 1 tsp Sage, dried
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1-2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper (optional)
Thaw your turkey breast 2-3 days before the cooking day to ensure it has enough time to thaw.
Take the packaging off the turkey breast, including the twine if there is any and place the turkey breast in a 9 by 13" baking dish
Pat the turkey dry using paper towels.
If there is a layer of fat on your turkey breast, be sure it is on top.
Sprinkle sea salt on the turkey on all sides. Just enough like you would salt your corn on the cob.
In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic, thyme, rosemary, sage, onion powder and pepper (if desired) Use a fork to mash the butter and combine all the herbs with the butter.
Use your hands or the back of a spatula to spread the butter on the turkey breast. Try to get it as even as possible. If's fine if there are some clumps.
Cut up a few carrots and onions and place around the turkey breast.
Put a thermometer in the thickest part of the turkey breast and place in a 350 degree oven for 70-90 min
Bake the turkey until the thermometer reads 165 degrees. (If the skin or top of the turkey is browning too quickly and the turkey hasn't reached 165 degrees yet, cover the turkey with foil until it's done.)
Take the turkey out of the oven and let it rest for about 10 minutes. Serve