Everyone loves these roasted potatoes! They’re a perfect side dish for just about any meal!
This oven roasted potato recipe is incredibly tasty! The potatoes are crispy, chewy, salty AND savory, oh yum!
These roasted potato cuties take some time to bake but the time is well spent. You can prep them ahead of time and let them bake while you’re prepping or grilling your main dish. I make these a lot in the summer when I have fresh thyme growing in the garden. The potatoes are baked to a crisp but taste so fresh with the lemon juice and fresh thyme.
They’re also the perfect side for fish, steak or any chicken dish. Everyone in my family loves them and that is a victory when it comes to dinner time.
- I like to use Avocado Oil but any vegetable oil will do. Olive oil is also a great option.
- You can mince your own garlic or use the jarred minced garlic from the grocery store.
- When cutting up the thyme, use the leaves of the thyme, where it’s still tender and then just strip the leaves off the rest of the branch of thyme. The main stalk is too woody. Don’t use that.
- Get you lemon zest off before you juice the lemon. It’ll be much easier!
- I haven’t found a potato that doesn’t work with this dish. You can use large Russett potatoes, red potatoes or the tri-color, small potatoes–even a mix of them will do. Just be sure they are all cut into about the same size. I like mine to be about one inch which is a nice one or two bites.
These easy and delicious roasted potatoes are a perfect side to any meal!
- 3 lbs Small Potatoes (I used Boomer Gold Potatoes here but anything small, red or fingerling will do )
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tsp Fresh Thyme (chopped)
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1/4 Cup Avocado OIl
Wash the potatoes and cut them up into 1" chunks.
Put the potatoes in a bowl and drizzle the avocado oil on the potatoes. Toss the potatoes until evenly coated. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the potatoes and toss again.
Pour potatoes onto a cookie sheet in a single layer. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes on 425 degrees until the edges of the potatoes are starting to brown on the edges. Using a spatula, turn the potatoes and cook for another 20 minutes so the other side can brown.
Mince the garlic. When it's about at small as you can chop, pour a half teaspoon of salt onto the garlic. Using the blade of the knife, scrape the blade over the garlic until it makes a paste.
Take the potatoes out of the oven and sprinkle the garlic and salt mixture, the lemon zest, chopped thyme and lemon juice on the potatoes.
Cook for another 10 minutes and toss before serving. Salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!