These ham and cheese scalloped potatoes take only a few minutes to throw together in the slow cooker. They are creamy, cheesy and packed with flavor. It’s a slow cooker recipe the entire family will love.
If you loved scalloped potatoes, this ham and cheese scalloped potatoes recipe is the recipe for you! This is one of our favorite leftover ham recipes. If you have ham leftover from Easter or Chrismas Day, this is a great way to use it up.
How to make the best-scalloped potatoes:
- You can use raw potatoes for this recipe. No need to pre-cook your potatoes.
- You can use leftover ham. Just about any kind will do.
- You can even use ham that has been frozen. This recipe is very forgiving.
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick spray and it will help keep the potatoes from sticking from the sides of the crockpot a little more.
- You can cook this recipe on high for 3 hours or 6 hours on low in your slow cooker/crockpot
- Check on your scalloped potatoes occasionally. slow cookers have different cooking times. Some slow cookers get much hotter than others.
These ham and cheese scalloped potatoes take only a few minutes to throw together in the slow cooker. They are creamy, cheesy and packed with flavor. It's a slow cooker recipe the entire family will love.
- 2.5 lbs Potatoes, sliced into 1/8th inch slices
- 1 Cup Broth, Chicken works great
- 1 Cup Ham
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded, plus 1/4 cup to add to the top after mixing.
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt, more to taste when it's finished cooking
Spray the inside of your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
Wash your potatoes. Peel the potatoes (optional) and slice into 1/8", even slices and add them to your slow cooker.
Add the chicken broth, ham, sour cream, 1 cup cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, fresh thyme, and salt. Mix until combined. Add the remaining 1/4 Cup shredded cheddar cheese on top.
Put the lid on and set your slow cooker to low. Cook for 5-6 hours depending on how hot your slow cooker bakes.
The scalloped potatoes are done when the potatoes are soft and can easily be cut with a fork. Enjoy!
The Carefree Kitchen Socials:
I’d love to connect with you on social media. Come find me!
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/the_carefree_kitchen/
Pin this for later!