This recipe has been a family favorite for years.Â This cornflake chicken is easy to make and only takes a few ingredients.Â It’s the perfect cornflake fried chicken, perfect if you’re looking for an easy cornflake recipe you can bake in the oven.
Cornflake Baked Chicken
I grew up watching my Grandma make this delicious cornflake crusted chicken.Â I love it because it’s so easy and made with ingredients I usually have on hand.Â My entire family loves it because it has the crunch of a fried chicken but it’s actually oven baked. You can easily make cornflake chicken tenders with this same recipe and even cut the chicken up and roll your smaller pieces to make baked chicken nuggets.
What to serve with baked cornflake chicken…
- Here’s the recipe for some killer herb roasted potatos.Â https://thecarefreekitchen.com/herb-roasted-potatoes/
- Garlic mashed potatoes are yummy too!Â https://thecarefreekitchen.com/garlic-parmesean-mashed-potatoes/
- Here’s another fun cornflake recipe…https://thecarefreekitchen.com/peanut-butter-cornflake-cookies/
Tips for making cornflake baked chicken (Can easily be adapted to cornflake chicken nuggets):
- Use thawed chicken for this recipe
- I used chicken thighs (they stay a little more tender than breasts) but you can easily use chicken breast, drumsticks, or even cut the chicken breast up and make baked chicken nuggets
- Don’t roll in cornflake until you’re ready to bake.Â Otherwise your “fried” cornflake chicken will be a bit soggy.
This cornflake chicken is easy to make and only takes a few ingredients. It's the perfect cornflake fried chicken you can bake in the oven.
- 2 Cups Cornflakes
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tps garlic
- 1 1/2 tps paprika
- 1 tps salt
- 1 tps pepper
- 1/2 Cup Butter, melted
- 2 lbs Chicken thighs (4-6 oz for each person)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large ziplock bag, use a rolling pin to crush the cornflakes.
Pour the crushed cornflakes in to a pie dish or something about the same size. Add the onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. mix until combined.
Melt butter in a dish large enough to dip the raw chicken into.
dip each piece of chicken in the butter. make sure both sides are covered. Roll the buttered chicken in the cornflake mixture. Place the covered chicken in a 9 by 13 baking dish.
Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink inside. Enjoy!
Iâ€™d love to connect with you on social media.Â Â Come find me!
Instagram :Â https://www.instagram.com/the_carefree_kitchen/