These Sheet pan Chicken Fajitas are an easy chicken fajitas recipe. This recipe only takes a few ingredients and is a healthy chicken fajita recipe. It's baked in the oven and is ready in about 30 minutes.
If you're looking for another easy sheet pan dinner, check out this Chili Lime Chicken and Vegetables. It's so easy and everyone loves it.
Sheet pan Chicken Fajitas Recipe
If you're wondering how to cook chicken fajitas the easy way, this is the recipe for you. You can start with just about any cut of chicken, this is a chicken recipe using chicken breast but you can use tenderloin or thigh if you'd like.
Slice the chicken into 1" strips, slice the veggies into ¾-1" strips, toss in some oil and seasonings and bake for 20-30 minutes. These are definitely easy chicken fajitas!
Baked chicken fajitas are a quick, easy, and healthy dinner option. It's on the menu regularly at our house. Even if the kiddos don't love veggies, it's a great dinner for them too.
How much Chicken for each person?
If you're wondering how much chicken to plan on for this meal, here's a bit of a rule of thumb. If meat is the main dish, plan on ⅓ pound of chicken per person. Since you'll be using these homemade chicken fajitas recipe in a taco shell and with toppings, ¼ pound per person should be great.
That being said, if you're feeding teenage boys or big eaters, plan on ⅓ lb per person. This meal heats up great the next day so leftovers are always a bonus with these oven chicken fajitas.
How to make chicken fajita seasoning recipe:
If you are looking for the best chicken fajita recipe, and wondering how to season chicken for fajitas, it starts with the seasonings. Here is a couple of fajita seasoning mixes you can make.
Homemade Fajita Seasoning #1:
4 teaspoon Chili Powder
1 Tablespoon Sugar
2 teaspoon Cumin
2 teaspoon Paprika
2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
½ teaspoon Cayenne
I don't usually have a fajita seasoning mix on hand so the recipe included in this simple fajita recipe is a mix I came up with using taco seasoning. It simplifies the recipe a little and tastes just as great. Here's a quick and simple chicken fajita recipe. Tacon seasoning has a lot of the same ingredients. Add a few extra spices and you'll have the best-baked chicken fajita recipe.
Simple Fajita Seasoning #2:
1 Tablespoon Taco Seasoning
1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
½ teaspoon Salt (or to taste)
¼ teaspoon pepper (or to taste
This chicken recipe makes excellent chicken fajita tacos, fajita burrito bowls or fajita chicken salad. These Mexican chicken fajitas are so versatile and can be enjoyed many ways. Sheet pan fajitas chicken is definitely the way to go!
A chicken fajitas sheet pan recipe is the most simple chicken fajita recipe.
Here are the instructions for the best-baked chicken fajita recipe...
Sheet pan Chicken Fajitas
- 3 large chicken breasts Cut into 1" strips, plan on ¼ lb for each person
- 1 medium Red Pepper
- 1 medium Yellow Pepper
- 1 medium Orange Pepper
- 1 medium Onion White, yellow or red onion
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon Taco Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- ½ teaspoon salt or salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 8-10 small Tortillas Low carb tortillas if desired
- ½ cup Sour Cream if desired
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- ¼ cup Salsa
- 2 cups Lettuce shredded, if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1" strips add them to a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Add the avocado oil, minced garlic, taco seasoning, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Mix all the chicken and seasonings together and be sure to coat all the chicken evenly.
- Cut the red, orange, and yellow peppers into ¾" strips or bite-sized pieces also. Cut the onions into ¾" stripes.
- Spray a 9 by 13" baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the chicken and the sliced vegetables. Spread everything out evenly on the baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated 400degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle and the veggies have light golden edges.
- Serve the fajitas on warmed flour tortillas, with shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa, and lettuce. Enjoy!
If you're always on the hunt for a great chicken recipe, here are some of the best chicken recipes:
- Rosemary Garlic Chicken Breasts Marinade
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- Parmesan Ranch Chicken
- Simple Oven Baked Chicken Breast
- Grilled Chicken Teriyaki
- Flamin Hot Cheeto Chicken Tenders
- Crockpot Chicken Teriyaki
- Crockpot Salsa Chicken
- Cornflake Chicken
- 3 Citrus Chicken Marinade
- Honey Mustard Grilled Chicken
- Garlic and Herb Drumsticks
- Grilled Apricot Chicken
- Classic Chicken Parmesan
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
Save this for later!!
These homemade fajitas are a quick and easy one-pan meal! These Sheet pan Chicken Fajitas are an easy chicken fajitas recipe. This recipe only takes a few ingredients and is a healthy chicken fajita recipe. It's baked in the oven and is ready in about 30 minutes.