This Easy Salsa chicken made in the crockpot makes the most amazing burrito bowls. Dump the Salsa Chicken ingredients in the crockpot and it's ready to go! It's such an easy dinner idea.
This creamy salsa chicken is loaded with flavor and makes the most tender and juicy shredded chicken. This recipe is very versatile and can be used for tacos, burrito bowls, salad, and quesadillas.
Easy Salsa Chicken Burrito Bowls Video Tutorial
Easy Crockpot Salsa Chicken Recipe
This is a great crockpot chicken recipe that can be made with fresh or frozen chicken breasts. If you're using frozen chicken breasts, it may take just a little extra time for this slow cooker salsa chicken recipe.
It's a very forgiving recipe because you can use whatever salsa you like best and fresh or frozen chicken breasts. This is an easy crockpot meal, or slow cooker meal, however you say it, and it uses ingredients I normally have in the pantry.
This chicken recipe is also great for so many different types of dishes. We have used this for tacos, quesadillas, burrito bowls, and for chicken enchiladas!
Here's another variation of this recipe. It's a Creamy Salsa Verde Chicken Recipe that works great in the crockpot or slow cooker too.
Variations For Salsa Chicken
- You can use boneless skinless chicken breasts or chicken thighs
- Fresh or Frozen Chicken works great.
- Use Green Salsa
- Use Enchilada Sauce
- Chipotle Salsa
Ingredients in The Best Burrito Bowls
- Creamy Salsa Chicken
- Rice, Brown Rice, Quinoa, or Cauliflower Rice
- Sauteed Peppers and Onions
- Roasted Broccoli
- Black beans, pinto beans
- Sour cream
- Green onions
- Hot sauce
- Tortilla strips
- Diced Tomatoes
Other Great Crockpot Recipes
- Crockpot Ranch Chicken
- Mississippi Pork Roast
- Crockpot Lasagna with Ravioli
- Mississippi Pot Roast
- Crockpot Cheesy Hashbrown Potatoes Recipe
- Crockpot Turkey Breast
What to Serve With Salsa Chicken
Tips for making the best salsa chicken:
- You can use fresh or frozen chicken breasts
- Use your favorite salsa. I used Pace Salsa in this recipe.
- Shred the chicken in the creamy sauce.
- Salt to taste before serving. I usually like to add a little sea salt.
Crockpot Salsa Chicken
- 4-6 medium Chicken Breasts, fresh or frozen
- 2 Cups Salsa, I used Pace but any brand will do
- 8 oz Cream CHeese
- 1 4oz Green Chillies for a more mild version, use only ¼ cup of gree chilies
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- Salt and pepper to taste (aprox 1 tsp salt and ½ tsp Pepper)
- In your crockpot, add 4-6 chicken breasts. ( ⅓ lb of meat per person is about right for this recipe). Add the salsa, cream cheese, green chillies, garlic powder, garlic powder and half of the salt and pepper. Stir gently to coat the chicken with sauce.
- Cover and cook on high for about 4 hours or on low for 6 hours depending on if your chicken is fresh or frozen. When the chicken is done, it should be easily shred with 2 forks.
- Shred the chicken in the creamy sauce. Stir the chicken and sauce until the sauce is creamy and the chicken is covered in the creamy sauce. Enjoy!
- This chicken is great on tacos, burrito bowls, quesadillas, and in enchiladas!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
This Creamy Crockpot Salsa Chicken is so easy! You can dump the Salsa Chicken ingredients in the crockpot and it's ready to go! This salsa chicken has a creamy salsa dressing over shredded chicken. This recipe is very versatile and can be used for tacos, burrito bowls, salad, and quesadillas.