This is a no-fail, oven-baked chicken breast recipe it is a juicy oven-baked chicken breast that is incredibly easy to make and is made with simple ingredients you probably already have on hand. it only takes a few minutes of prep and makes the juiciest oven-baked chicken breast recipe. You are going to love this recipe!
Oven-Baked Chicken Video Tutorial
How Long Does It Take to Bake Chicken Breasts?
We played around with the cooking time and the temperature on chicken breasts and decided to keep it somewhere in the 350-375-degree range. This will help your chicken breast cook evenly and still keep it tender.
Keep in mind that the time needed to cook your chicken breast will depend on the size of your chicken breast and also how thick it is. Here's a guide to help you get the juiciest and tender chicken breast.
- 350 Degrees: 30-35 minutes
- 375 degrees: 25-30 minutes
- 400 degrees: 22-25 minutes
- 425 degrees: 18-22 minutes
Does This Recipe Work With Different Cuts of Meat?
This is a very versatile seasoning blend and you probably already have the ingredients in your pantry. It works great with boneless chicken breast, bone-in chicken, chicken thighs, or even a whole chicken. Just remember to adjust your time based on how large your cut of chicken is and also if it is a bone-in piece of chicken.
How Long To Cook Chicken Breasts
No matter what kind of meat you use or how large the cut of meat, use an instant-read thermometer to read the internal temperature of the chicken. It should be 165 degrees. Use a meat thermometer and to get into the thickest part of the meat or for bone-in chicken the thickest part near the bone. Once the thermometer comes to 160 to 165 degrees you know it's time to remove it from the Heat and tent it. Here is a guy to help you based on the size of your meat.
- 5-6 ounce breasts: 13-16 minutes
- 8-ounce breasts: 16-19 minutes
- 11-12 ounce breasts: 22-26 minute
Other Chicken Breast Recipes
If you love easy chicken breast recipes, we have a few you're gonna want to try out.
- Cornflake chicken is amazing, It's an oven-baked crispy chicken recipe.
- Grilled Apricot Chicken is so easy and is a fun flavor variation.
- This Oven Roasted Chicken and Potatoes recipe is a one-pot wonder using a whole chicken.
- Homemade Chicken Parmesan Recipe for a healthy Italian spin.
- Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken is great on noodles or rice.
What to Do with Leftovers
- This chicken works great for meal prep- just throw in some of your favorite veggies and rice and wa-lah, you have more meals ready for the week.
- Chicken Enchiladas- you can make enchiladas with rotisserie chicken or just use this oven-baked chicken recipe.
- French Bread Pizza- Mix this chicken in some Alfredo Sauce or homemade buffalo sauce, instant pizza topping.
- Oven Baked BBQ Taquitos are a great way to use up this chicken too.
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup- This soup only takes about 30 minutes to throw together, even quicker when using leftover chicken.
- Chicken Spaghetti- This recipe works great with leftover chicken breast. It's a great weekday family dinner idea.
- Chicken Breast- this recipe calls for boneless skinless chicken breast. Be sure to cut off any tendons or pieces of fat.
- Butter- this should be salted butter. You can also use a combination of butter and olive oil or avocado oil.
- Minced Garlic- Fresh minced garlic is best but you can also use the Jarred minced garlic too.
- Seasonings- Paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a small bowl, combine the melted butter and garlic.
- Place your boneless skinless chicken between two slices of plastic wrap or parchment paper. Use the flat side of a meat tenderizer and pound the thickest part of the breast so the chicken is an even thickness. You want your chicken to be about ½ to ¾ inch thick.
Spray a 9 by 13" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Add the chicken breasts.
Using a spoon, drizzle the butter and minced garlic mixture on the chicken breast. Be sure to coat both sides of the chicken.
In another small bowl, combine the paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix. Sprinkle the seasonings on all sides of the chicken breasts.
Bake the chicken in the oven for 20-30 minutes, depending on how thick the chicken breasts are. When the chicken is done the internal temperature of the chicken should be 165 degrees Fahrenheit. (It is the safe internal temperature for both the white meat and dark chicken meat.)
Remove the chicken from the oven and spoon the butter and chicken juiced on the meat.
Cover it with aluminum foil and let it sit for about 5 minutes before serving.
Slice your chicken against the grain this will give you the most tender and easy to chew chicken.
Tips for No-Fail Juicy Chicken
- To get tender and juicy chicken, tenderize your meat by pounding it with the bottom of a glass cup, mason jar, or the flat side of a meat tenderizer.
- Use a mixture of olive oil and butter to create a very flavorful and juicy chicken breast.
- Use simple seasonings to enhance the amazing flavor of Chicken
- Take your chicken out of the oven when it reaches 160 degrees. The chicken will continue to come up to heat to 165 degrees for a few minutes after you take it out of the oven.
- Tent your chicken by adding aluminum foil to cover the dish after baking. Be sure the chicken rests for about 5 minutes to let the juices redistribute into the chicken breast.
- slice your chicken against the grain. it creates a beautifully sliced chicken breast and also makes it really easy to chew.
- Use this oven-baked chicken breast recipe in casseroles, tacos, or as a simple main dish. No more dry chicken here!
Simple Oven Baked Chicken Breast
- 4 large Chicken Breast
- 3 Tablespoons Butter Melted
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter and the minced garlic.
- Spray a 9 by 13" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Add the chicken breasts.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the butter and minced garlic mixture on the chicken breast. Be sure to coat both sides of the chicken.
- In another small bowl, combine the paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix. Sprinkle the seasonings on all sides of the chicken breasts.
- Bake the chicken in the oven for 20-35 minutes, depending on how thick the chicken breasts are. When the chicken is done the internal temperature of the chicken should be 165 degrees Fahrenheit. It is the safe internal temperature for both the white meat and dark chicken meat.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and spoon the butter and chicken juiced on the meat. Let the meat sit for about 5 minutes and then serve. Enjoy!
Does this recipe also work for oven-baked chicken breast, bone-in recipes?You bet, this recipe will also work for bone-in chicken thighs and bone-in chicken breasts.
Oven-baked chicken breast temperature:You're going to want to preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake the chicken for 35 minutes or until a digital thermometer reads 165 degrees. Adjust your time to allow for bone-in chicken and dark meat which typically take longer to cook.
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
This is a no-fail, oven-baked chicken breast recipe it is a juicy oven-baked chicken breast that is incredibly easy to make and is made with simple ingredients you probably already have on hand. it only takes a few minutes of prep and makes the juiciest oven-baked chicken breast recipe. This is a great recipe the entire family will love.