Sheet Pan Chili Lime Chicken and Vegetables is an easy, beautiful and delicious family favorite. There are so many different ways to enjoy this. My family loves to put the chicken and vegetables into tacos and burrito bowls. It's a simple and delicious family meal!"aligncenter size-full wp-image-511" src="https://thecarefreekitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/SheetpanChicken3.jpg" alt="Sheet Pan Chili Lime Chicken and Vegetables is a simple and delicious family meal! thecarefreekitchen.com" width="600" height="900">
Here's a seasoning I'm loving lately. It's a Carne Asada seasoning but it's delicious on chicken and steak. It has a chili-lime flavor and is perfect for any Mexican flavored dish.
Sheet Pan Recipe Ideas:
I've tried some of these and the problem is, the meat is overcooked and the vegetables are undercooked. Well, after trying some different variations, I think I've found a few things that might help your sheet pan meal be a success.
- First of all, Cook vegetables with lower water content. Tomatoes or zucchini are going to leave a bunch of liquid in the bottom of your pan. The idea is for the meat juices to help flavor your veggies. I used zucchini in this sheet pan meal but next time, I think I will put them in a separate baking dish.
- You can also cook your vegetables for 15 minutes before you put your meat on your pan. Technically it would still be a one-pan dinner and you'll have better luck getting everything done at the same time.
- When cooking potatoes with a one-pan recipe, you could always throw them in the microwave for several minutes before baking them in the oven. I love roasted potatoes. There just anything like a well-seasoned potato baked to a golden crisp. So good!!
- I love doing the onion and the peppers because they're so great the next day thrown in some eggs or a tortilla shell with the chicken. Delicious!
Here's a picture of the chicken and vegetables, roasted. So delicious!
I really love the idea of one-pan chicken recipes for a weeknight dinner idea, it just might take a little more attention to the cooking times to dial in your family favorites.
Tips for making one-pan chicken and veggies:
- Don't use vegetables with a high water content if you're wanting a golden crisp.
- Toss your veggies in a little cooking oil and spices before you cook them
- Pre-cook potatoes a little if you plan to use them. The microwave works great, just be sure to stick them with a fork a few times so they don't explode in your microwave. I would put oil on them after the microwave.
- You could also always use two different baking sheets, one for the roasted veggies and the other for your chicken.
- You can make burrito bowls, tacos with the leftovers!
Sheet Pan Chili Lime Chicken and Vegetables
- 3-4 large Chicken Breasts
- 1 large Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 large Orange Bell Pepper
- 1 Red Onion
- 2 small zucchini
- 3 Tablespoon Avocado Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Seasoning--I used Lawry's Carne Asada Seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Limes--to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut your vegetables into 1 " slices or cubes. (You want to cut them about the same size so they finish cooking at the same time)
- Toss your veggies in a few tablespoons of oil in a large ziplock bag.
- Spread your veggies on a sheet pan and sprinkle with the seasonings of your choice. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Take veggies out of the oven and add the chicken to the sheet pan. Sprinkle with seasoning and bake for an additional 25 minutes or until your chicken is cooked through.
- If you need to, finish crisping your vegetables under the broiler until golden brown. Enjoy inside a taco, burrito bowl or as is. Delicious!
Here are some other great Chicken Recipes:
- Rosemary Garlic Chicken Breasts Marinade
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- Parmesan Ranch Chicken
- Simple Oven Baked Chicken Breast
- Grilled Chicken Teriyaki
- Flamin Hot Cheeto Chicken Tenders
- Crockpot Chicken Teriyaki
- Crockpot Salsa Chicken
- Cornflake Chicken
- 3 Citrus Chicken Marinade
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
Sheet Pan Chili Lime Chicken and Vegetables is an easy, beautiful and delicious family favorite. There are so many different ways to enjoy this. My family loves to put the chicken and vegetables into tacos and burrito bowls. It's a simple and delicious family meal!