These Chocolate Covered Wafer Cookies are ridiculously easy to make and a great option for holiday entertaining, gift giving, baby showers and more. Mix and match to create unlimited different combinations.
Easy Chocolate Wafer Cookies
Just 3 ingredients and a few minutes are all you’ll need to make these absolutely adorable Chocolate Covered Wafer Cookies. Kids love making them as much as they love to eat them, so feel free to get the little ones involved. But, the real truth is that adults love wafer cookies just as much as kids do and these no-bake treats can fit right in on cookie trays, dessert buffets or even treat bags.
We’ll often make pink wafer cookies for Valentine’s Day by dipping strawberry wafer cookies into pink melting chocolate and dousing in red, pink and white sprinkles. You can even go two-toned by drizzling another chocolate over the dipped wafer cookies. So many options!
Ingredients in Chocolate Covered Wafer Cookies
- Wafer Cookies - you can mix and match any flavor of wafer cookies.
- Candy Melts Wafer Chocolate - you can use white chocolate, milk chocolate or dark chocolate melts, chips or even bars to make chocolate covered cookies.
- Sprinkles - try anything from simple rainbow non-perils to fancy shaped sprinkles, or holiday themed.
How to Make Chocolate Covered Wafer Cookies
- Melt chocolate. Add the chocolate candy melts in a microwave safe bowl and melt for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between.
- Dip the wafers in chocolate. Dip wafer cookies into the melted chocolate about halfway up, then remove and gently shake off the excess before laying onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Add sprinkles. Repeat with the rest of the wafer cookies, then sprinkle with your favorite sprinkles.
- Allow chocolate to set, then store. Allow the chocolate to set either at room temperature or in the fridge before storing or serving. Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- If you need these to set up fast, toss the sheet tray into the fridge.
- You don’t have to use chocolate wafers - chocolate chips or even chocolate bars will work just fine. Just be sure that you are only microwaving for about 20-30 seconds at a time, and stirring in between.
- Try mixing and matching different flavors of wafer cookies, different types of chocolate and decorating with whatever sprinkles you want!
- Be sure and add the sprinkles before the chocolate has set up completely or they won’t stick.
- You can easily make these in advance if you need. They will hold up well stored in a single layer on your baking sheet wrapped well in plastic. Or, store in an airtight container with layers of parchment paper between.
These will stay fresh for up to 1 week as long as they are stored in an airtight container at room temperature. In order to keep them looking pretty, we recommend storing them in single layers with pieces of parchment between.
You can also store in the fridge if your house is too warm, but the wafer cookies tend to absorb a bit of the moisture from the refrigerator making them soggy faster.
More Chocolate Dipped Recipes
- Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Rods
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- White Chocolate Dipped Oreos
- Mint Chocolate Dipped Oreos
- Nutella Balls
Chocolate Covered Wafer Cookies Recipe
- 1 package Wafer Cookies
- 2 cups Chocolate Wafer Candy Melts
- 2 tablespoons Sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the chocolate candy melts in a microwave safe bowl and melt for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between.
- Dip each sugar wafer about halfway into the melted chocolate, then remove and gently shake off the excess before laying on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Repeat with the rest of the wafer cookies, then sprinkle with your favorite sprinkles.
- Allow the chocolate to set either at room temperature or in the fridge before storing or serving. Enjoy!
Here are more simple dessert ideas!
- Chocolate Rice Krispies Treats
- Easy Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza
- Homemade Caramel Popcorn
- Peanut Butter Chocolate No-Bake Cookies
- Easy and Chewy Cowboy Cookies
- Chocolate Covered Caramels
- More Dessert Recipes
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
Just 3 ingredients and a few minutes are all you’ll need to make these absolutely adorable Chocolate Covered Pink Wafer Cookies. They are perfect for holiday entertaining, gift giving, baby showers and more.
My family is going to love this! The flavors are perfect and I can’t wait to try this recipe!
My kids loved this! They are wanting this dessert for their next birthday celebration.