This Crockpot Turkey Breast Recipe is made with the best turkey breast marinade. It makes the most tender, juicy, and flavorful turkey and is perfect when you have a smaller crowd, need to reserve oven space, or aren’t in the mood to dress an entire turkey.
Slow Cooker Boneless Turkey Breast
Our Crockpot Turkey Breast is hands down the most moist and juicy boneless turkey breast we have tried. Not only is it cooked low and slow in the crockpot, but we also marinate it in the best turkey marinade to ensure that each bite is succulent and bursting with flavor.
The best part about this recipe? It is seriously low maintenance. Only about 10 minutes of prep is required - the rest of the time, the turkey is just doing its own thing, marinating and slow cooking.
You can absolutely serve this as your holiday turkey if you have a smaller group of mouths to feed. Or, this recipe also works great as a supplement to a whole turkey.
If you want to go a little more traditional and cook your turkey in the oven, check out our easy and delicious recipe for Oven-Roasted Turkey Breast. You can also find full step-by-step instructions for cooking a Turkey too. And for those amazing turkey leftovers, you're going to want to try my recipe for Turkey Enchilada Soup, or you can use leftover turkey in this Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe.
What to Serve With Turkey Breast
You can serve this turkey dish with any side dishes that you would normally serve at Thanksgiving - mashed potatoes, green beans and favorite sides. Or, you can serve with an array of other dishes throughout the year. These are a few of our favorite suggestions:
- Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
- Best Baked Potato
- Homemade Au Gratin Potatoes
- Roasted Zucchini
- Brussel Sprouts
Ingredients in Slow Cooker Boneless Turkey Breast
- Boneless Turkey Breast - these are usually around 4 pounds each. You can absolutely substitute bone-in turkey breast but keep in mind the cooking time may need to be adjusted. Either one works great.
- “Good Seasons” Italian Seasoning Mix - you should be able to find these .7 oz packets in the grocery store, but if not you can substitute any other Italian seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Orange Juice - fresh or store-bought will both work great.
- Avocado Oil - you can also substitute olive oil, vegetable oil or canola oil.
- Lemons and Limes - you’ll want to slice these thin, removing any large seeds.
- Onions - either yellow or white onions are our go-to for this recipe, but you could also use red onions. Adding onions makes for the best drippings for gravy.
- Carrots - these should be peeled and cut into 2” pieces.
How to Make Boneless Turkey Breast in Crock Pot
- Make the turkey breast marinade. In a small mixing bowl, combine the "Good Seasons" Italian Seasoning Mix, orange juice, and avocado oil.
- Marinate the turkey breast. Add the turkey breast, sliced lemons and limes, and orange juice mixture in a large ziplock bag or bowl. Put in the refrigerator and let the turkey breast marinate for 12-48 hours.
- Cook in the crock pot. Once the turkey breast has marinated, place it in the crockpot along with about ⅓ cup of the marinade. Add the onions and carrots around the sides of the turkey. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours (or on high for 4-5 hours), or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees F.
- Broil. Once cooked through, you can transfer the cooked turkey breast to a 9 x 13" roasting pan and broil the top of the turkey breast for about 2 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. This is optional but will give it a nice golden brown.
- Rest and serve. Remove from the oven and let the turkey breast rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Serve along with the carrots and onions. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
You want to cook turkey to the same temperature as other poultry, 165 degrees F. In order to get the most accurate temp, use an instant-read or meat thermometer that has been inserted into the thickest part of the bird.
How long to cook turkey breast in a crockpot depends on a few factors, such as the size of the bird, the crockpot itself, and whether you are using bone-in or boneless turkey breast. No matter what, you should always check the internal temperature to safely decide whether or not your turkey is completely cooked.
With that being said, we’ve found these times to be roughly accurate for cooking Crockpot Turkey Breast:
-Boneless turkey breast: takes about 1 ¾ to 2 hours per pound on low or 1 to 1 ¼ hours per pound on high.
-Bone-in turkey breast: takes about 2 to 2 ¼ hours per pound on low or 1 ¼ to 1 ½ hour per pound on high.
If you want to make slow cooker frozen turkey breast, be sure to thaw it first. You will need to begin thawing it 2-3 days ahead of time in the fridge. For safety reasons, you want to be sure it is 100% thawed before you put it in the crockpot.
Crockpot Turkey Breast Tips
- No matter what, always check the internal temperature using a meat thermometer. Once it has reached 165 degrees F. in the thickest part, it is fully and safely cooked.
- You can plan on ⅓ to ½ pound of roasted meat per person.
- If your turkey breast was frozen, be sure to begin thawing it 2-3 days ahead of time in the fridge. For safety reasons, you want to be sure it is 100% thawed before you put it in the crockpot.
- To ensure the most-even cooking, be sure the turkey breast is at room tempreture before adding it to the crockpot.
- Adding the onions and carrots to the crockpot will give your drippings more flavor, which makes the most delicious gravy!
- If you want a little less citrus flavor to your Crockpot Turkey Breast, you can skip adding the marinade to the crockpot and substitute a cup of chicken broth.
- Broil the turkey breast before serving to give it a nice golden, crispy skin.
Storing And Reheating Leftovers
- Refrigerator: store leftover turkey breast in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Freezer: to freeze leftover turkey, place it in a freezer bag and remove as much air as possible. Store frozen for up to 1 month.
- To reheat: to reheat, you can either microwave until warm or rewarm in a 300-degree oven, covered in a shallow dish, for about 30 minutes or until warmed through. If your turkey is a little dry, pour a few tablespoons of chicken broth on your turkey before reheating.
Slow Cooker Boneless Turkey Breast Recipe
- 3-4 lb Turkey Breast boneless
- 1 0.7 oz pkg Good Seasons Italian Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- ½ cup Avocado Oil
- 2 large Lemons sliced thin
- 2 large Limes sliced thin
- 2 large Yellow Onions peeled and quartered
- 5 large Carrots cut into 2" pieces
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the "Good Seasons" Italian Seasoning Mix, orange juice and avocado oil.
- In a large ziplock bag or bowl add the turkey breast, sliced lemons and limes, and orange juice mixture. Put in the refrigerator and let the turkey breast marinade for 12-48 hours.
- Once the turkey breast has marinated, place it in the crockpot along with about ⅓ cup of the marinade. Add the onions and carrots around the sides of the turkey.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours (or on high for 4-5 hours), or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees F.
- Once cooked through, you can transfer the turkey breast to a 9 x 13" roasting pan and broil the top of the turkey breast for about 2 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. This is optional, but will give it a nice golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let the turkey breast rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Serve along with the carrots and onions. Enjoy!
More Crockpot Main Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Venison Roast
- Slow Cooker Tortellini Pasta Bake
- Easy Crockpot Ranch Chicken
- Crockpot Mississippi Pork Roast
- Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken
- More Crockpot Recipes
What to serve with Turkey Breast
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you. It helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
This recipe for Crockpot Turkey Breast with the best turkey Marinade is succulent and flavorful. Not only is it delicious, but it is also perfect for when you have a smaller crowd, need to reserve oven space, or aren’t in the mood to dress an entire turkey. This turkey marinade recipe is so easy and will soon be your new favorite holiday recipe.