The entire family will love this quick and easy 30-minute chicken noodle soup recipe! It uses only 6 ingredients. You can have it on the dinner table in no time!
This homemade chicken noodle soup recipe is so easy. I’m not sure I can even call it a recipe. It is probably considered more of a semi-homemade recipe. I’ll let you be the judge.
I like to have these old-fashioned egg noodles on hand. They make chicken noodle soup so easy. Also, If you’ve never used this “Better than Bouillon” brand of chicken stock, it’s definitely a favorite I like to have on hand.
To be completely honest, most of the people in my family aren’t soup fans. I could have soup every day and be a happy camper. This is one of the few soups my family actually enjoys. It’s hearty and you can also eat the soup with a fork. If it’s hearty enough to eat with a fork, can we actually call it soup?!?
If you love Chicken Stock or enjoying the health benefits of bone broth, check my recipe for Chicken Stock here….
It’s easy and delicious and will make this amazing soup even better!
Tips for Making this delicious Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup:
- You can use rotisserie chicken, grilled chicken or chicken you’ve baked. (the recipe says 30 minutes but obviously it’ll be more time if you have to bake some chicken.
- I like to use the homestyle noodles. Regular pasta noodles will work okay in a pinch but the homestyle ones are a little more firm and hold their shape in soup, especially if you have leftovers.
- Baby carrots work great too. Just cut them in halves or thirds, bite-size.
- Frozen peas work great. I like to add them to the soup at the very end so they have that very bright green color.
- You can definitely make this without the cream of chicken soup. You may just need to add more chicken stock base and it will lose its creamy-ness.
Here are some other favorite chicken recipes…
The entire family will love this quick and easy 30 minute chicken noodle soup recipe! It uses only 6 ingredients. You can have it on the dinner table in no time!
- 3 Quarts Chicken Broth (Or Use the better than bouillon chicken stock, picture in post) and follow directions to make your own chicken stock)
- 1 Package Homestyle Egg Noodles ( the brand doesn't matter. It comes in a regular and wide width. I used regular)
- 2 Cups Rotisserie Chicken cut into bite sized cubes (I've also used left over grilled chicken for this recipe and it works great too)
- 5 Large Carrots, sliced into 1/4" slices
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 cup peas, frozen
In a large pot, pour in the chicken broth. Put the pot on the stove, and set the burner to high. Add the carrots to the chicken broth while the chicken broth is coming to a boil.
As soon as the chicken broth is boiling, add the noodles and the cream of chicken soup. (A full bag of noodles makes a huge pot of soup, enough to feed 8-10 people.)
Turn the heat down to medium so the broth doesn't boil over. Boil noodles in the broth according to package directions, 12-15 minutes.
While the noodles are boiling, be sure to taste the broth and make sure it has the flavor you want. If it's too strong, add some water. Add salt, pepper, and the "better than bouillon" if needed. Every chicken broth is a little different so it works best to taste test it.
When the noodles are done, add chicken and the peas. The hot soup will thaw the peas. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
The Carefree Kitchen Socials:
I’d love to connect with you on social media. Come find me!
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/the_carefree_kitchen/