Crockpot Ranch Chicken Recipe only has 3 ingredients and only takes about 10 minutes of prep work. It's loaded with flavor and so versatile. It's a super simple easy chicken dinner recipe. It's made with boneless skinless chicken breasts, fresh or frozen, ranch seasoning mix, and a little butter. Your family is going to love this easy ranch chicken.
Super Easy Chicken Recipe:
Don't you just love easy chicken breast recipes, few ingredients? The recipes that don't take a ton of time and you usually have all the ingredients in your pantry and freezer? This recipe is just that.
The other great thing I always love is easy chicken breast recipes. The kind that only takes a few minutes to throw together and you instantly have several great dinner options available with one easy recipe.
Seriously, you could double a batch of this shredded chicken recipe and make tacos, quesadillas, chicken salad, mini chicken sliders, chicken-bacon-avocado wraps, the list goes on. It's even good in a burrito bowl on rice, on mashed potatoes, or on top of nachos.
Slow cooker ranch chicken and other crockpot chicken recipes are the best and require such little work. This one is one of our family favorites.
Here are some common questions and answers about this easy Crockpot Chicken. We love that with a crockpot, we can make a new, easy, and delicious recipe that everyone in the family can agree on.
You can also easily double the recipe and have a great start to dinner for another day later in the week.
Additions to Ranch Crockpot Chicken Breast:
- just about any kind of vegetable, green beans, baby potatoes, asparagus, or bell peppers. You can cook them in the slow cooker with your chicken
- Add a dollop of cream cheese or jalapeno cream cheese after you've shredded the chicken and this recipe will be instantly creamy!
- Bacon slices or bacon bits are a great combo with this recipe, on a sandwich, taco, or mini-slider.
- avocados are a perfect pairing too.
- To add a little Southwestern flair, try using this Salsa Ranch dressing as a sauce for shredded chicken sandwiches.
If you'd like to make this a creamy ranch chicken recipe, after you have shredded the chicken in the juices, just add about 4 ounces of cream cheese to the chicken while the chicken is still hot.
The cream cheese will melt and make the most delicious creamy shredded chicken with so much flavor. This is our favorite to enjoy this recipe if we are serving it over rice.
Not only does making this recipe in the crockpot make it a super easy meal, but it also makes it really easy to be made ahead of time. If you're needing it in the evening, you can make it in the morning and it can cook most of the day.
If you're wanting to make this a day or two ahead of time, no worries, that works too. Just make it according to directions and then put it in a Tupperware container with a lid. Once the chicken has cooled to room temperature, you can put it in the fridge.
When there isn't enough liquid in your shredded chicken, just add a little chicken broth. Let the shredded chicken soak up as much chicken broth as possible.
If there's too much liquid, be sure you shred your chicken. Let the shredded chicken stand in the liquid and soak up as much as possible. You can always spoon out a little of the liquid if desired.
You can use the Hidden Valley Ranch mix in the packets or in bulk. Some stores sell big bottles of it now which is so nice to have on hand for these kinds of recipes.
I recommend cooking the chicken on high for 3 ½ to 4 hours, a little less time than that if your chicken isn't frozen. You can cook it longer on a low but if you cook the chicken too long the texture will change a bit. Chicken can be a bit dry if you cook it too long.
Yes, you most certainly can. Just put it in a Tupperware container with a lid, label it and pop it in your freezer. When you're ready to eat it, pull it out of the fridge and let it thaw for 24 hours.
Favorite Crockpot Chicken Recipes
- Cheesy Chicken and Rice
- Buffalo Chicken
- Creamy Salsa Verde Chicken
- Crockpot Salsa Chicken
- Crock Pot Tuscan Chicken
Crockpot Ranch Chicken
- 3-4 large Chicken Breasts You can also use frozen chicken for this recipe
- 2 Tablespoons Ranch Seasoning or 1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of a crockpot/ slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the ranch dressing on the chicken breasts.
- Cut butter into several chunks and place on the chicken breasts.
- Cover and cook the crockpot/slow cooker and on high for 4-5 hours or until you can easily shred the chicken with 2 forks.
- Serve on a mini slider, pretzel bun, in a tortilla shell, or on a sandwich with a slice of bacon and avocado. Enjoy!
More Chicken Crockpot Meals you'll love
- Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken
- Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie
- Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls
Chicken Breast Recipes
- Sheet Pan Fajitas
- Honey Mustard Chicken
- Grilled Chicken Caprese
- Grilled California Chicken
- More Chicken Recieps
- More Healthy Chicken Recipes
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
Your family is going to love this easy ranch chicken. Crockpot Ranch Chicken Recipe only has 3 ingredients and only takes about 10 minutes of prep work. It's loaded with flavor and so versatile. It's a super simple easy chicken dinner recipe. It's made with boneless skinless chicken breasts, fresh or frozen, ranch seasonings, and a little butter.