This slow cooker recipe is an easy and delicious pasta bake made right in the crockpot! It’s cheese tortellini pasta with a spicy ground sausage meat sauce! Yummo!!
This 5 ingredient recipe is one of the easiest cheese tortellini recipes out there!!
You literally dump the ingredients in, stir it up and just smell it bake. It has all the flavors of an incredible lasagna without all the work.Â This is a great dinner to make throw in during the summer when you don’t want to heat up the house or even cook in the ski lodge while you’re skiing.Â You can dump and leave it alone for several hours.
Tips for making the Easiest Cheese Tortellini Pasta Bake:
- You can buy the Cheese Tortellini in the refrigerated section of the grocery store.
- You could probably use the dried tortellini in the pasta isle but you’d have to add some extra water and watch it while it cooks so it doesn’t dry out
- The milk sausage will work for this recipe but I like the Spicy Italian Sausage from Johnsonville.
- I just used some Hunts Traditional pasta sauceÂ (it’s inexpensive and my kids love it because there aren’t any “chunks”
- I used pre-shredded Parmesan cheese and pre-shredded mozzarella cheese. Why not make life a little easier!
- You may need to add more water near the end.Â Some crockpots have hot spots and some cook faster than others. ( I have 2 slow cookers and one cooks food 20% faster than the other one.Â You can always turn it to warm if it bakes faster than you’re anticipating.)
This recipe is an easy and delicious pasta bake made right in the crockpot! It's cheese tortellini pasta with a spicy ground sausage meat sauce! Yummo!!
- 20 ounces Cheese Tortellini Pasta (Fresh, from the refrigerated section of the grocery store)
- 1 lb Sausage (I like using the johnsonville hot sausage but mild will work great too)
- 24 ounces Pasta Sauce
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 1/2 Cup Mozzerella Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
Cook the sausage in a skillet on the stove with a little water. Break up the sausage as it cooks and stir constantly. When the sausage is not longer pink, take it off the heat. Drain any liquid from the meat and dump in the crock pot.
Add the cheese tortellini to the crock pot with 1 cup of water, the pasta sauce, 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and the parmesan cheese.
Stir the ingredients together and top with the remaining 1/2 Cup of mozzarella cheese.
Cover and bake for 3-4 hours. Slow cookers have hot spots in them and some cook hotter than others. I have 2 slow cookers and one will cook 20% faster than the other. You can always turn the food on warm if it cooks a little faster than you're anticipating. Enjoy!