These Buffalo Chicken Taquitos are filled with a simple buffalo chicken dip, baked to golden brown and served with your favorite dipping sauce. Crunchy on the outside, creamy on the inside these will definitely satisfy your next taquito craving.
And if you're looking for more of that amazing buffalo chicken flavor, be sure to check out these Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings, Buffalo Chicken Dip, Crockpot Buffalo Chicken, and Buffalo Chicken Drumsticks.
Best Baked Chicken Taquitos
These oven-fried chicken taquitos check a lot of boxes. They’re easy, cheesy, super addicting and can just as easily be a game day appetizer or a main dish.
The filling for these taquitos is basically a buffalo chicken dip, and you can easily adjust it to your liking. We use a cream cheese and ranch dressing base, flavor it with blue cheese and hot sauce and mix in shredded chicken and sharp cheddar cheese. You can feel free to nix the blue cheese if you want, or add even more - whatever floats your boat!
If you enjoyed watching this video on How To Make Buffalo Chicken Taquitos, be sure to subscribe to our Youtube Channel (Be sure to tap the "Bell" too so you can be the first to know when we post a new video)
What to serve with Chicken Taquitos
- Easy Spanish Rice
- Green Chile Rice Bake
- Brazilian Cheese Balls
- Veggie Cups
- Guacamole Recipe
- Homemade Ranch
- Pico De Gallo
These Buffalo Chicken Taquitos taste great served with anything that you might serve with buffalo wings:
- Blue cheese dressing or crumbles
- Ranch dressing
- Hot sauce
- Buffalo sauce
- Salsa Ranch
- Pepper Jack Queso
For a simple garnish, we like to toss a little fresh chopped cilantro and blue cheese crumbles over the top. You can also add diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, sliced scallions or extra shredded cheese if you’d like.
Ingredients in this Buffalo Chicken Taquitos Recipe
- Cream Cheese - you want to make sure the cream cheese is softened, or room temperature, so that it will mix well with the other filling ingredients.
- Ranch Dressing - any type will work.
- Blue Cheese Crumbles - you could also use blue cheese dressing if you want (or even skip if you aren’t a fan).
- Frank’s Red Hot Sauce - this is our favorite hot sauce brand, but you can use yours if you have another type that you like.
- Shredded Chicken - the simplest solution is to shred a rotisserie chicken. However, you can also cook your own chicken breasts or thighs in the oven or slow cooker and shred.
- Cheddar Cheese - use pre-shredded or shred your own. Any type of cheddar will taste great.
- Flour Tortillas - if you want to make this recipe gluten-free, you can also try this with corn tortillas.
- Butter - melt the butter in the microwave or in a small pot over medium heat.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
- Make chicken mixture. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the room temperature cream cheese, ranch dressing, blue cheese, Frank's hot sauce, shredded chicken and cheddar cheese. Mix with a spoon or spatula until well combined.
- Assemble taquitos. For each taquito, lay a tortilla flat on the counter and spoon about ⅓ cup of chicken filling, spreading it into a line across the tortilla from one side to the other. Roll up the taquito tightly around the chicken mixture and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet seam side down. Continue assembling all the taquitos, then brush with melted butter using a pastry brush.
- Bake. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 10 minutes on one side, then flip the taquitos and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
- Serve. Serve immediately with blue cheese crumbles, ranch dressing, or Frank's red hot sauce drizzled over the top and garnish with fresh cilantro and diced tomatoes. Enjoy!
Storing and Reheating
Make Ahead: to make ahead, you can mix the chicken filling together up to 24 hours in advance. Just store in an airtight container in the fridge, then remove from the fridge about 30 minutes prior to rolling the next day.
Storing: if you have leftover Buffalo Chicken Taquitos, you can transfer them to an airtight container or freezer bag and store for up to 3 days in the fridge.
Reheat: the quickest way to reheat taquitos is in the microwave. Just microwave on high for 30 seconds at a time until warmed through. If you want the outside to crisp up a bit, you can also reheat in a 350 degree oven for about 5-10 minutes until warmed through.
More Rotisserie Chicken Recipes We Love
- White Chicken Chili
- Red Chicken Enchiladas
- Gnocchi Soup
- Chicken Stuffed Pasta Shells
- Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
If you're looking for some more football tailgating food or crowd-pleasing chicken recipes, be sure to check out this fun list of family favorite appetizers and if you're looking for more appetizers, here's a list of more we came up with.
Buffalo Chicken Taquitos Recipe
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese room temperature
- ¼ cup Ranch Dressing
- ¼ cup Blue Cheese Crumbles
- ⅓ cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 3 cups Shredded Chicken rotisserie works great
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 24 small Flour Tortillas
- 2 Tablespoons Butter melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the room temperature cream cheese, ranch dressing, blue cheese, Frank's hot sauce, shredded chicken and cheddar cheese. Mix with a spoon or spatula until well combined.
- For each taquito, lay a tortilla flat on the counter and spoon about ⅓ cup of chicken filling, spreading it into a line across the tortilla from one side to the other. Roll up the taquito tightly around the chicken mixture and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet seam side down.
- Continue assembling all the taquitos, then brush with melted butter using a pastry brush.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes on one side, then flip the taquitos and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
- Serve immediately with blue cheese crumbles, ranch dressing, or Frank's red hot sauce drizzled over the top and garnish with fresh cilantro and diced tomatoes. Enjoy!
More Easy Dinner Ideas
- American Goulash
- Steak Fajitas
- Sheetpan Chicken Fajitas
- Beef Teriyaki
- Beef Stroganoff
- More Easy Dinner Ideas
- More Main Dish Recipes
- More Chicken Recipes
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
These Buffalo Chicken Taquitos are crunchy on the outside, creamy on the inside and are super addicting. They are stuffed with a simple buffalo chicken and cream cheese filling, wrapped in a flour tortilla and baked to perfection.