Chicken and Cheese Stuffed Pasta Shells with Sun-dried Tomato Alfredo are a hit at dinnertime!! My whole family loves the cheese and chicken stuffed inside a pasta shell with delicious sun-dried tomato alfredo sauce!
This pasta dish has all the flavors you family will love! The sun-dried tomato alfredo sauce has a little more flavor and tang than a regular alfredo sauce and theÂ chicken is combined with a ricotta, parmesan and mozzerella cheese blend. Oh boy! Gimme!
I used a rotisserie chicken for the chicken in this recipe.Â It was easy and really quick to put together.Â This stuffed shells recipe is the perfect dinner to take to someone who needs some comfort food or for a new mom. They can pop it in the fridge for a couple days and cook it whenever they’re ready.
Tips for Making Stuffed Pasta Shells with Sun-dried Tomato Alfredo:
- I used rotisserie chicken for this recipe which makes it quick and easy to put together.
- I used homemade alfredo sauce for this recipe but you can certainly use a pre-made variety too.
- you can use a pre-made pesto sauce too–I can’t wait for basil season again!!
- Pre-cooking your shells will ensure they’re baked evenly
- If you plan to keep them in the fridge for a day before cooking them, you may want to add a little extra cream to your alfredo sauce.Â The noodle seem to soak up some of the sauce if they sit in the fridge for a day.
Creamy and delicious sun-dried tomato alfredo sauce on a chicken stuffed pasta shell with a pesto drizzle! A family favorite!!
- 1 box Jumbo Pasta Shells (cooked al-dente, according to package instructions)
- 3 Tbls Pesto--optional
- 15 oz ricotta Cheese
- 2 cup mozzerella cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbls sun-dried tomatoes (minced)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 Cups Rotisserie chicken diced into 1/2" pieces
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/4 Cup Sun-dried Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Salt
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. In a 9 by 13 baking dish, spread 1 cup of the sun-dried tomato alfredo.
In a large bowl, combine chicken, ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/4 parmesan cheese, eggs, minced sun-dried tomatoes and spices. Mix together.
Add the chicken and cheese mixtures, about 2 tablespoons at a time, into the cooked pasta shells.
Place the pasta Shells in the bottom of the baking dish. Spread remaining alfredo sauce over the stuffed shells. Sprinkle 1 cup mozzarella cheese on the stuffed shells. Drizzle pesto on top of shells too.
Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Take it out of the oven and let it sit for 10 minutes and then serve. Enjoy!