These Mini Veggie Cups are a perfect no-mess appetizer or snack for everything including baby showers, toddler birthday parties and after school snacks. They are fun, healthy, fresh and super simple to prep.
Mini Veggie Cups with Ranch
Any recipe that takes less than 20 minutes to prep and is versatile enough to be served at a bridal shower or after school snack is a winner in our book. These Mini Veggie Cups can barely even be considered a recipe, they are just that simple! There is absolutely no cooking involved - it’s all about presentation.
They are also no-mess and easy for people to pick up and walk around with, making them great for anyone from little ones to adults. Choose your favorite veggies from the store, farmer’s market or your very own garden.
We like to pick a few different colored veggies to make them extra pretty. Serve with something fun like our Everything Bagel Seasoning Dip, or keep it simple and go with plain Jane ranch.
Ingredients in Mini Veggie Cups
- Assorted Fresh Vegetables - some of our favorites include baby carrots, cherry tomatoes, celery, cucumbers and bell peppers but you can use any of your favorite types. We’ve given you even more suggestions below!
- Ranch Dressing - you can make your own, or buy it from the store. This would also taste great with another creamy dressing, such as Green Goddess, a yogurt vinaigrette or any type of hummus.
How to Make Mini Veggie Cups
- Prep veggies. Wash, peel and slice your vegetables. They should be cut slightly taller than your serving cups. Once cut, let them dry on a paper towel.
- Arrange into cups. Pour about 2 tablespoons of ranch dressing into the bottom of each small cup, then arrange your veggies as desired. Enjoy!
What Vegetables are the Best to Use?
The first rule of thumb should be to use what you can find that are fresh and tasty. You’ll also want to use vegetables that taste good when eaten raw, or lightly blanched, and that will easily slice into sticks or be skewered with a toothpick. These are a few of our favorite suggestions:
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Bell Peppers
- Green Beans
- Sugar Snap Peas
More Serving Ideas and Tips
- Some other dressing ideas include our homemade Southwest Ranch Dressing, Everything Bagel Seasoning Dip or Pesto Ranch dressing.
- Cut your veggies so that they are slightly taller than your serving cups. If you are using smaller veggies, stick them with a toothpick!
- Use a variety of colors to make them extra pretty.
- Make sure and use veggies that are nice and fresh and don’t try and buy them too far in advance.
Can I Make This Ahead of Time?
Definitely! In fact, we recommend that you do. You can cut all of your veggies 1 day in advance and store them in separate airtight containers in the fridge. That way, you only need to assemble and serve on the day of.
Recipe: Mini Veggie Cups
- 6-7 cups Assorted Vegetables including:
- Baby Carrots
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Bell Peppers
- 1 cup Ranch Dressing
- Wash, peel and slice your vegetables. They should be cut slightly taller than your serving cups. Once cut, let them dry on a paper towel.
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of ranch dressing into the bottom of each small cup, then arrange your veggies as desired. Enjoy!
More Simple Veggie Appetizers
- Jalapeno Artichoke Dip
- Fiesta Corn Dip
- Cheese Filled Peppers
- Wedge Salad Kabobs
- Bacon and Jalapeno Stuffed Peppers
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
These Mini Veggie Cups take less than 20 minutes to prep and are versatile enough to be served at a bridal shower, BBQ or as an after school snack. They're fun, healthy, fresh and super simple to put together.